Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout / Jaipur

• 27-12-2011 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to buy this in the Limerick area? One pub in town has it for €5, too dear and I don't like the pub.

Also has anyone tried Jaipur IPA from Thornbridge in the UK? Drinkstore are offering 5l kegs for €30. This guy gives it rave reviews www.reluctantscooper.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Superquinn sell youngs double choc. There is 1 in limerick. Maybe tesco too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Also has anyone tried Jaipur IPA from Thornbridge in the UK? Drinkstore are offering 5l kegs for €30. This guy gives it rave reviews www.reluctantscooper.co.uk

Jaipur is very nice alright. I bought both Jaipur and Kipling minikegs off Drinkstore.
    Finished the Kipling last night and Drinking the Jaipur at the moment.
    They're delicious!!
    Those minikegs are actually minicasks really. Lots of yeast in them, so they need a bit of time to settle when moved and also they have almost no carbonation. Drinking from them is pretty much the same as drinking cask ale served on gravity, really smooth and very little head. If you like cask ale, there the bizz really.
    Also, If you have a minikeg tap, and you like a little bit of fizz you can crank up the CO2 and chill the keg and it will carbonate up a bit if left over night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Jaipur IPA is one of my favourite beers but maybe you should buy a normal size bottle first before getting a keg.

I would say that to anyone before buying a mini keg. Hope you like it as its a great tasting beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Slightly off topic but Deveneys Dundrum have 4 Youngs Choc Stout for a tenner this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

I worked in pubs in London for three years, dealing a lot with real ales. Jaipur is definitely in my top three beers (out of about a hundred) It's gorgeous, goes down very well, but at 5.9% it can sneak up on you. Two quick pints after work and I'd end up staggering home. I'm delighted we can buy it over here though, so thanks for that info :) I haven't looked that hard, but finding a decent regular supply of good real ale seems like a challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

Not wanting to spent €30 on a 5l keg, (broke) the oul Jaipur is hard to track down. How does it compare to Galway Hooker, has anyone tried both either bottled or draught?

Also, on the DC Stout, my local Superquinn don't stock it. I had to make do over Christmas with Pride, Old Peculiar, Hobgoblin, Leann Follain and Straffe Hendrik, tough I know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Jaipur is quite a bit stronger, bitterer and more full-bodied than Hooker. I prefer Thornbridge Kipling to Jaipur: it's sweeter and fruitier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

After polishing off minikegs of both Kipling and Jaipur over the Christmas, I'd have to say I agree with BN. Prefered Kipling to Jaipur.
    Kipling is more sessionable, a little less bitter, lower abv and has a gorgeous tropical fruit aroma and flavour to it.

They're both gorgeous, just found myself able to enjoy Kipling more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I really like Jaipur, reminds me of Harviestoun's Bitter & Twisted, but not as bitter.

Advertisement