Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballyhack Co.Wexford @ 638 M/pixels

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Wouldga not just put them up to see? I (maybe like many) feel as though you're being diverted to a site where the amount of clicks on it leaves the owner writhing around on their floor clasping their crotch in peculiar artistic orgasmic energy. As opposed to how good the pic is.

Internet traffic diversion does not a good pic make.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Good stitching job, but the colours are coming across as
    way over saturated, spoils it for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I agree, you went a bit crazy with the saturation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

To be honest, I don't really like it. The colors are way over saturated and there is a ton of chromatic abbaration going on. I like the concept that you can zoom in really close from so far away but the subject isn't the most exciting. I 'm sorry if this sounds harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

There are times when this method works but not in this case, I wouldnt be too fond of traffic being driven to your website either no matter how innocent it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Borderfox wrote: »
    I wouldnt be too fond of traffic being driven to your website either
    a cryptic statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I wouldnt be too fond of traffic being driven to your website either no matter how innocent it is.

:confused: the OP certainly can't embed one of these things in a post or anything. I'm not a fan, but horses for courses and all that, linking to the image or plugin or whatever on its hosting site is the only way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tubbritt

There are times when this method works but not in this case, I wouldnt be too fond of traffic being driven to your website either no matter how innocent it is.

Two moderators commenting on the same thing is not good.

Guys, have no fear, I’m not trying to mislead anyone.

It is completely IMPOSSIBLE to display the images any other way. I have to use a lot of JAVA and HTML5 code to launch an image viewer which then in turn streams the part of the image your currently looking at, and the zoom level your looking at.

Nothing is installed on your PC by going to my website either. I’m using the standard internet formats every Browser supports.

A single photo is made up of over 20,000 smaller images that have to be pieced together and streamed in real time. It is impossible to embed the viewer and required code in any discussion forum.

So please accept my apologies. It is not my intention to drive people to my website to sell them anything or mislead anyone in anyway. The only reason why I post a link is because it is simply impossible to view the images any other way, and I do want to share them with people.

Very sorry if this has caused a problem.

Regards
    James

Thanks everyone for your comments.
    I will try pay more attention to the saturation. I agree it is over the top.

Right now it’s just very hard to work with the images as a single change can take my PC a very long time to make due to the size of the image. I’m trying to save up for a RevoDrive 3 Solid State PCI express card so I can see the changes happening a lot quicker.

It’s all down to disk speed, not ram when you go into the hundreds of Mega Pixels.

Regards
    James.

James, if you don't mind my asking, what is it about this type of super high-res photography that interests you? Isn't it only suitable for computer viewing?

• Advertisement

kelly1 wrote: »
    James, if you don't mind my asking, what is it about this type of super high-res photography that interests you? Isn't it only suitable for computer viewing?

For me personally it’s a number of things.

Every few years I buy a new camera because the mega pixel count is higher, as I’m sure is the same story for others here too. I remember going from a 5MP to a 10 and really feeling the difference in quality. Then from the 10 to my current 25MP and again feeling the difference in quality.

Using the robot is just an extension of that but now I can decide how many mega pixels I want and not have to wait for technology advance.

I’ve also printed off images at A0, A1 and A3 size many times before for friends and I could always see the images scaled upwards to meet the print size. IT was even worse if I had to copy the image to enhance the interest.

Having the robot for just normal photography does away with all limitations like that and I never have to worry about cropping as I can have as much data to work with as I want.

The other side to it then is just how far you can go. I don’t know why, but I really enjoy spending the time it takes to capture a scene at very high resolutions. The technology is fascinating and it soooooo relaxes me.

Viewing the insanely high res images on my PC is enjoyable too and other people also find them interesting. Sort of like, why do people look at Google earth ? It’s nice to see a place you know in such detail. I’m sure it’s not everyone’s cup of tea though, but there’s a lot more to using the robot than just wanting to share images that can only be viewed by a PC.

Regards
    James

Thanks for that James.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Tubbritt wrote: »
    Every few years I buy a new camera because the mega pixel count is higher, as I’m sure is the same story for others here too. I remember going from a 5MP to a 10 and really feeling the difference in quality. Then from the 10 to my current 25MP and again feeling the difference in quality.
    the difference in quality is not purely down to megapixels. i'm on 12MP and have absolutely no desire to go any higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm only an amateur photographer myself but I really like your photograph. Being from the area myself I appreciate taking in the village of Ballyhack and surrounding countryside in such high resolution. It's very interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

i reckon this sort of image is useful from a historical data perspective, but they generally don't interest me from an aesthetic point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

I like your tall ships one, a lot going on there so interesting to zoom in on all the different parts, I'd imagine it's tougher to stitch though?

keep it up!

Advertisement