Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon to Limerick Road - Well done to council

• 27-12-2011 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I am normally very quick to criticise the council but on this occasion I would like to say job well done on drainage on the road. Rarely see preventative measures for road safety with the council. Just need to get the dips and hollows fixed around the Bunratty stretch

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

brian2me wrote: »
    I am normally very quick to criticise the council but on this occasion I would like to say job well done on drainage on the road. Rarely see preventative measures for road safety with the council. Just need to get the dips and hollows fixed around the Bunratty stretch

Already done, but it sank again, very marshy land there, methinks this issue may not be resolvable. Or at least not without completely ripping up the road, laying brand new foundations and rebuilding it again. And with the current finances I don't see that happening any time soon.
    Don't mind so much, it's like a natural speed bump, go over it at much over the 100 and I can feel my suspension bottoming out.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Wish they would do the KILDYSERT road. There's barely a road left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Can I upset the apple cart for just a second? Are we honestly backslapping the council for simply at long last getting it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Can I upset the apple cart for just a second? Are we honestly backslapping the council for simply at long last getting it right?

I agree with you fully.

Praising someone for doing their job because 99% of the time they screw it up is not really something that should be praise-worthy.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again sure.

Advertisement