Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free lessons in exchange for work?

Options
  • 27-12-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi does anyone know of any yards around the Dublin/Meath/Kildare/Wicklow area that would be willing to give free lessons in exchange for work? Not looking for riding schools in particular but also show jumping, eventing or any private yards people know of. Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Brennanstown Riding School in Wicklow run the BHS courses. You work as part of your study for the exams and then you also ride for your stages as well. Might as well get some qualifications for your work while your at it? You dont get paid as far as I know but I think they possibly pay part of your exams costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Sorry to hog your thread, just bumping it, I'd also be interested to know if anyone would like their horses/ponies schooled for free? I have my BHS Stage One, R&RS, Child Protection done. I currently work full time so would only be available evenings/weekends. I have a lot of experience with young stock, I used to break and train ponies and compete in IPS and SJAI, Eventing Ireland etc., experience with foxhunting and dressage. I used to teach full time in a stables at home but have not had time since I moved to Dublin to do as much as I'd like, plus it is very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

coco_lola, check the share thread, might be better than having a separate thread!

Advertisement