Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for family meal this Friday 30th on the northside of Dublin...

Options
  • 27-12-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Seasons greetings to everyone. Looking for a place for a casual sit down family meal this Friday 30th on the northside of Dublin. I was thinking a hotel might be the best option for a relaxed atmosphere and simple set price options with people able to have a drink if they choose also but would love suggestions!

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Seasons greetings to everyone. Looking for a place for a casual sit down family meal this Friday 30th on the northside of Dublin. I was thinking a hotel might be the best option for a relaxed atmosphere and simple set price options with people able to have a drink if they choose also but would love suggestions!

Thanks in advance...

Presuming you mean the city northside rather than the entire county northside, Washerwoman's Hill in Glasnevin is decent, and cosy. You could go for a walk in the Botanic Gardens beforehand. Loads of good places around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Dionysus wrote: »
    Presuming you mean the city northside rather than the entire county northside, Washerwoman's Hill in Glasnevin is decent, and cosy. You could go for a walk in the Botanic Gardens beforehand. Loads of good places around.

Yes, more referring to north side as far as santry/swords maybe. I'm looking for a place to go for an informal/casual sit down meal as numbers might not be confirmed closer to the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

http://www.moloughneys.ie/ in clontarf do great food (pub just around the corner for afterwards)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

Gaz wrote: »
    http://www.moloughneys.ie/ in clontarf do great food (pub just around the corner for afterwards)

Ate there a week before Christmas - Service poor, food just about ok, wont be going again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

BowWow wrote: »
    Ate there a week before Christmas - Service poor, food just about ok, wont be going again.
    Surprised at that. I've always found Moloughney's great, though the room is a little noisy.
    If you want poor slow service, head to Bay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement