Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming chair opinions?

Options
  • 27-12-2011 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭

Looking for a gaming chair, preferably with built in speakers, anyone got one and one they would recommend our possibly reasons to avoid them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I find them very uncomfortable and after a 2-3 hour session my back is in ****.
    I wouldnt recommend one with the money some of them cost id rather buy a comfortable chair and a second hand surround system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I got an X-Rocker about 3 years ago.I found it very good.The sound is pretty clear and theres a subwoofer right behind your back so its great fun if theres explosions and stuff.Very comfortable aswell.It cost me 99 euro.Only problem I ever had with it was that if I swung back too far it would flip over and I used to hit my head off my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

NTMK wrote: »
    I find them very uncomfortable and after a 2-3 hour session my back is in ****.
    I wouldnt recommend one with the money some of them cost id rather buy a comfortable chair and a second hand surround system
    Given it's something I'd use alot, I'd be willing to spend the money on whichever option is the best, I'm on the fence between chair with speakers or just normal comfortable chair with surround sound, that's why I came here :D

Thinking surround sound might be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you go for a regular chair and dedicated surround sound system, you'll end up getting the better of both worlds than opting for an all in one solution imo

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just get an executive office chair

• Advertisement

Cheers guys.

now the choice is executive office chair or super awesome expensive beanbag :pac:

Beanbag will be bad for the back in the long run

Headshot wrote: »
    Beanbag will be bad for the back in the long run
    Such a wise man <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Headshot wrote: »
    Just get an executive office chair

I used an office chair.
    No room for it in my new place so I've been using a sofa, which is murder on my back.
    Now I sound old.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Such a wise man <3

Wise beyond my years, doc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ikea Poang & a good set of headphones TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I'm looking for a chair for similar needs, only I just want an office type chair that's comfy enough to sit in for hours on end. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I've been using a recliner with foot rest the last year and it's very comfortable.

Like this..

Napoli%20Massage%20Recliner%20with%20Footstool_A_SP-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hermon miller aeron office chair and a surround sound system. Cannot be beaten.

Advertisement