Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD PVR or HD PVR Gaming Edition

Options
  • 27-12-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Thinking about getting one of them for my birthday not completely sure yet though.

Bare in mind would be only using for recording games. So would the gaming edition be better or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Gaming edition has the cables with it, so go for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

No performance difference between the two models and they're the same price.
    As Tallon said the only difference is the gaming edition comes with cables.

But honestly, buy one second hand off adverts or done deal. They will have the cables from when they were using it so they'll likely sell those to you too.

And you'll save a lot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Cheers lads!

Pretty noobie with cables and what not. Will probably go for the gaming edition so If I get one.

It's pretty simple to use though right? :o

Hey guys again.

Sorry but is it safe to buy it straight off the http://www.hauppauge.com?

Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Finical wrote: »
    Hey guys again.

Sorry but is it safe to buy it straight off the http://www.hauppauge.com?

Cheers

It's the best place to buy from, tbh. It ensures you get the latest firmware.

• Advertisement

It's the best place to buy from, tbh. It ensures you get the latest firmware.

Thanks a lot!

Just wasn't sure would they post here.

There isn't a different version for Europe or US though or does that matter at all?

Nope, and that's irrelevant as hauppauge.com is Irish based ;)

Thanks Tallon and everyone else for the replies. Muchly appreciated.

Not much to do with recording, but I was planning on making a new youtube account and tried my PSN name but it has already been used. Trying to get as much views as possible could that effect it? Or is there anyway to make a link or something. Like to make it easy if someone googled my PSN they would found me...if you get me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thanks Tallon and everyone else for the replies. Muchly appreciated.

Not much to do with recording, but I was planning on making a new youtube account and tried my PSN name but it has already been used. Trying to get as much views as possible could that effect it? Or is there anyway to make a link or something. Like to make it easy if someone googled my PSN they would found me...if you get me.

Just throw your PSN name in the tags of the videos when you make them. That'll do the trick.

Try doctor doom Guile on youtube.

Just throw your PSN name in the tags of the videos when you make them. That'll do the trick.

Try doctor doom Guile on youtube.

Nice one! Thanks.

Just checked out who has the username. He made it like 6 years ago and his activity the same. Flipping hell they should close accounts with no activity like that. :pac:

• Advertisement

They are and did!!!

They are currently closing all inactive accounts... Email Youtube

Tallon wrote: »
    They are and did!!!

They are currently closing all inactive accounts... Email Youtube

I googled "contact youtube" there. They seem to have no email at all or not much customer service even!

I googled "contact youtube" there. They seem to have no email at all or not much customer service even!
    PM Sent ;)

One more question guys. I currently have tv set up with HDMI cable. I know you need the HD PVR set up with component so does that mean you'd have to have the power on the HD PVR always when gaming even if not recording?

Hoping it comes tomorrow. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

One more question guys. I currently have tv set up with HDMI cable. I know you need the HD PVR set up with component so does that mean you'd have to have the power on the HD PVR always when gaming even if not recording?

Hoping it comes tomorrow. :)

On my pvr it has to be on if playing through the component cable.Turn off the pvr and the tv goes goes blank.You'll see yourself anyway.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    On my pvr it has to be on if playing through the component cable.Turn off the pvr and the tv goes goes blank.You'll see yourself anyway.

Cheers Perrin. :cool:

My first vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTyDxBGnM5M

No editing or anything I'll have to learn about that. Although I was trying to speed up the game play and add some music couldn't find out how to in ArcSoft.

Will have to get some better software for editing and mess about see if I can do anything.

Thanks for all the help in this thread lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Cool video man I'll sub you when I'm on my proper pc!
    Those HD PVR's are so worth the money, I got an easycap and it's horrible even for playstation games..!

Advertisement