Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No salt seasoning

Options
  • 27-12-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need some no salt seasoning and haven't got a clue where to get some :confused: Anyone know where to buy this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

That sounds suspiciously like an ingredient from an American recipe, can be pretty difficult to find exactly matching seasonings & ingredients from recipes that use American convenience food.

Amazon.com has 'No Salt' sodium free seasoning. If it's just something low in sodium you're after and not specifically no salt seasoning then maybe 'Lo Salt' might work? you can get that in heaps of supermarkets here. If you're shopping for an ingredient for a recipe for someone who needs to follow a low sodium diet then I'd consider dropping someone like the Irish Kidney assoc. an email to see if they can recommend a seasoning (or else leave it out altogether from the recipe because lots of people on low salt diets start finding foods with added salt too salty when their tastes change)

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree with this :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

There is also Herbamare, which is a very low salt seasoning. Most health food stores sell it.
    http://www.evergreen.ie/a--vogel-herbamare--diet-very-low-salt/417407pd.aspx

Advertisement