Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.Hancock's I.Times Christmas Quiz Business

Options
  • 27-12-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Could do with some help at this stage/time. if someone else is doing this quiz.

Q.14...In terms of their activities in the U.K. what did D.C.C and Kerry Group have in common in 2011.....could the answer be moving its primary listing's to London??

Q.32...Name of Irish C.E.O. who said at one point during the year that he would close his business down "part by part" if necessary.....could it be Denis O'Brien or Bill Cullen ??

Q 30. ..Who are the 4 business executives pictured.

Lady = Dana Strong.....3 Men ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 duberry

Q32 - Alan Joyce of Quantas

Is the first photo Chris Horn?

Q27 - what is the Irish company name?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭macdonagh2007

I don't its Chris Horn....looks like a German or an American C.E.O. ( Very happy looking)

The man to his left could be Gene Murtagh ( Kingspan) or Alex Ricard ( Irish Distiller's) What do you think?

Q 27. No answer yet.

Thanks for Alan Joyce.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

24. What is the name of the fast-moving consumer goods company, known for its "eco-friendly" branding that distributed its products to the Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York in October?

Unfortunately I'm for answers to 27 and 30

Thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HOOL75

27 is Cúram

I'm stuck on 13,14,18,19,24,30 & 38 :o Any help?

13 €173 bn 18 Dennis Holt - Des Crowley 19 $8.25 38 Volswagen

is 37. Samsung?

• Advertisement

Is Q18 .. answer.not Des Crowley and Denis Donovan.

Any luck with the picture question...any one agree with Alex Ricard/Dana Strong. Lost on the man with the glasses and the guy below him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rua29

27 is not CURAM, its IBM,they want name of multinational that took it over.

The man on first right is alexandre ricard, the man on bottom left is Domhnal Slattery and woman is Dana Strong.

I am completely stuck on man with glasses. It is no Chris Horn.

Would really appreciate help with this man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 duberry

27 is IBM

I don't its Chris Horn....looks like a German or an American C.E.O. ( Very happy looking)

The man to his left could be Gene Murtagh ( Kingspan) or Alex Ricard ( Irish Distiller's) What do you think?

Q 27. No answer yet.

Thanks for Alan Joyce.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 meigeal

I am totally at sea with the first man. Was wondering what the answers were for no 8 regarding the market shares of Superquinn and Musgrave?

Q 14 and 24 also have me stumped so if anyone out there can help any more I would be grateful.

thanks

24 Ben & Jerry's icecream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 HOOL75

Still stuck on 14 & the 1st pic on 30. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

HOOL75 wrote: »
    Still stuck on 14 & the 1st pic on 30. Any ideas?
    ME TOO

Q 14....Could the answer be that most of their profits are derived from the UK operations ?

Q30...Could the 1st picture be a young Eric Schmidt of Google? Lost on this picture...any help out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mullnldrive

Q 14 - I think it's simply that they have both made acquisitions in the UK
    Q 30 - I'm afraid not, after carefully reviewing Google Images, bu best gues so far...

Q.30. Come on people, someone must know the business man in the first picture. Exhausted at this stage looking at Irish Times in the local library!

Q 30. Come on Ladies/Gents,, someone must have found out the identity of of our mystery businessman at no 1 picture ....have exhausted all search avenues at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 justaq

Q 30. Come on Ladies/Gents,, someone must have found out the identity of of our mystery businessman at no 1 picture ....have exhausted all search avenues at this stage.

Me too. Have trawled through countless pages of google images and old Irish Times. At the point of giving up....

Advertisement