Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Build for €1500 - €2000

Options
  • 27-12-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

First attempt at building a gaming PC. Havent played games on current PC in a few years as its unable to play anything new at the moment, so im abit out of the loop on whats hot and whats not at the moment. Got some advice of my brother but he didnt point me towards any specific peices so i figured id throw this up here and see what ye guys think.

1. What is your budget?
    €1500. But im willing to go over my budget if there was some peices that would give better bang for the buck and be well worth the extra price and going over the €1500. €2000 being my absolute limit.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Gaming - Skyrim, Battlefield, ect. Looking to max out games and play at a high FPS also.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    No

5. Do you need a monitor?
    No

5b. 1920x1200. No plans to upgrade unless it dies on me

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    Gaming PC + Mouse, Speakers

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Yes

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]
    Prefair Laser as i have a low limit on my credit card

9. When are you purchasing?
    ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    Shouldnt need help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Right, well with your budget, you have quiet a few options open do you.

Watercooling, big SSDs, SLI/CF, etc.

I guess the main question is: Do you want a PC that will max out Skyrim, or do you want the best PC you can get for €1,500? (They're not equal. You can max out Skyrim with €1,000 or so.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

My brother mentioned getting SSD so they are definitely on my list. Im not looking to simply max out Skyrim, i just used it as an example of a game that needed a high performance PC to run it maxed out. The best PC i can get for €1500 is what im looking for and that may last me a year or two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Right so, basic build idea:

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €1,239.33 (inc delivery €0.98)
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz LGA1155 6MB|€210.98
    ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 S1155 Intel Z68 DDR3 ATX|€173.45
    Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium Grey Mid-Tower USB 3.0 Case|€90.14
    Crucial 128GB m4 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive|€174.11
    Antec 620W High Current Gamer 80plus Bronze PSU|€82.87
    PNY GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PCI-E HDMI XLR8 OC Liquid Cooled|€506.80

The GTX 580 is a placeholder for a 7970. Probably about the same price. I also left room for a 2TB hard drive from Amazon (~€110 if you're lucky), as well as a keyboard, mouse, and speakers, as they're more personal preference than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Serephucus wrote: »
    Right so, basic build idea:

The GTX 580 is a placeholder for a 7970. Probably about the same price. I also left room for a 2TB hard drive from Amazon (~€110 if you're lucky), as well as a keyboard, mouse, and speakers, as they're more personal preference than others.

Thanks for the tip. Similiar to what i had in mind except i had the €1500 more spread among all the parts instead of a large portion of it going towards a high end GPU. I also had an i7 instead of the i5-2500k. Read on another topic that the i7 isnt that big of an improvement over the i5 for gaming, so ill defo go with the i5 CPU you mentioned.

Advertisement