Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Pleasure Film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Roadhouse, cos Patrick Swayze is awesome in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Last of the Mohicans.I always wanted to be a Mohawk.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Titanic. I've only seen it once but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

The Legend Of Bagger Vance...
    I can look at it, knowingly acknowledge it's sentimental, cheesy, whimsically romantic drivel...
    I can look at all this, know this, and still watch it with a big grin on my face

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

23y/o male, into football, soccer, racing and yet i love both legally blondes and definitely maybe

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mattjack wrote: »
    Last of the Mohicans.I always wanted to be a Mohawk.

LOTM is a freakin awesome film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. As a 20-something struggling in the recession era job market I can kind of relate to being tempted to make up stuff on the 'oul CV...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Niles wrote: »
    Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. As a 20-something struggling in the recession era job market I can kind of relate to being tempted to make up stuff on the 'oul CV...

hahaha I hear ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Pretty Woman. Love it unashamedly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

putting me heart on me sleeve as they say and i just love staying alive! :D

i don't know how many times i've seen it but if it's playing somewhere on the telly i always try to have a gander. i don't know why but it always works for me everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I frickin' LOVE the first Mortal Kombat movie. It pretty much nailed the ol' fun+cheese+best techno song ever made trinity.

...Yes, the one from 1995

...No, I didn't **** up the youtube tag

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Lifeforce. Space vampires! Exploding zombies! Gratuitous female nudity! Cannon Films! What more could you ask for? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redcortina

I may or may not of been watching PS i love u there on rte 1. wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure but i did change over from watching match of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Rolling with the homies......

Clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭deem79

Definitely The Notebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lucycat

Super Mario Bros.Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper? Don't mind if I do ;)

(not that I would EVER admit it to anyone. EVER)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Yellowbeard - first movie i ever had on VHS, taped off the tv. would always watch it when there was nothing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Demolition man - I know, it's sad but any time it's on I watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

There should be no such thing as a guilty pleasure, if you enjoy a film or a book or a band then you should feel no shame in admitting as such. Cinema like all art is subjective and as such what one finds entertaining is not necessarily what another will. As such it leads to debate and discussion on the film in question and makes the world a far more interesting place to live. Be an awful boring world if we all liked the exact same things.

No need to be so pedantic, you know what the OP meant!

• Advertisement

No need to be so pedantic, you know what the OP meant!

Not going to get drawn into an argument but I don't see anything pedantic or wrong with telling someone they should not be ashamed of anything they enjoy be it the Yogi Bear film or the latest Syfy original or Herzog's or Lynch's latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Night of the comet - 1980's sci fi for girls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Titanic. I've only seen it once but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't think a film that won like a dozen oscars can be considered here can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

They Live. Rowdy Roddy Piper's finest hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Not going to get drawn into an argument but I don't see anything pedantic or wrong with telling someone they should not be ashamed of anything they enjoy be it the Yogi Bear film or the latest Syfy original or Herzog's or Lynch's latest.

Even if somebody's favourite film of the year was Your Highness...?

Even if somebody's favourite film of the year was Your Highness...?

No one should feel ashamed for liking Your Highness, doesn't stop people wondering how a film which is 90 minutes of dick jokes and a lead who handily winks at the audience every time a joke is made can be rated as superior to films such as Kill List, A Seperation, Elite Squad 2, etc, etc. I know that my enjoyment of Drive Angry may puzzle some people and while it was one of last years most fun films I would never claim that it was anything other than 100 minutes of trashy fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

The Brady Bunch Movie. Great cheesy comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

No one should feel ashamed for liking Your Highness, doesn't stop people wondering how a film which is 90 minutes of dick jokes and a lead who handily winks at the audience every time a joke is made can be rated as superior to films such as Kill List, A Seperation, Elite Squad 2, etc, etc. I know that my enjoyment of Drive Angry may puzzle some people and while it was one of last years most fun films I would never claim that it was anything other than 100 minutes of trashy fun.

i.e. somewhat of a guilty pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Renn wrote: »
    i.e. somewhat of a guilty pleasure.

No, not if he doesn't feel guilty about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Holiday on the buses - funny non-PC Hammer movie.

Advertisement