Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank contacting revenue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Teaandcoffee

Will name them the minute I get the all clear from a mod. All I can say at the moment is it is not an Irish owened bank.

Spoke to employer who thinks it best I register as a sole trader and invoice her for the amount I received.

I remember reading months and months ago on this forum about somebodys brother who had a similar experience so I am presuming I am not alone with this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

Was in my bank, AIB, today just after reading this post. As I was a bit curious myself having assumed that bank secrecy was a given in all liberal democracies. Yes the State, Justice or Revenue could ask for my account but only by way of a court order.

It seems though that since 1999, local branches, where I was today, are under an obligation to raise cases of suspected fraud with their superiors in the bank. This makes sense that the banks would have a specialized section whose job it would be to break the "gold standard of Bank Secrecy" It's not as if the person you're dealing with in your branch makes the contact, they can only pass it higher up the food chain.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Basically, working cash in hand is illegal and they cannot be held acccountable for reporting you.

Working "Cash in Hand" is not actually illegal, it's the "not telling revenue" part afterwards that is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Working "Cash in Hand" is not actually illegal, it's the "not telling revenue" part afterwards that is the problem.

It's very simple to do this online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

When you applied for your mortgage to be restructured, you would have been asked to complete an SFS. When you were completing this or otherwise answering their questions, how did you explain your income?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Funny man!

If you want to look at it that way, I pay my staff cash in a brown envelope (ok it also contains a pay slip and is properly declared)

You know what I mean, cash in hand is commonly perceived to be no tax or under the table.

Advertisement