Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South doc

Options
  • 27-12-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

I realise the day after st.stephens day is a tricky day to try and track down a doctor but when my mom is dying with a chest infection/flu how come it took nearly 7HOURS for south doc to see her?? what if it had transformed into something more serious?has anyone else had ANY GOOD experience with them or is it all negative??

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

you wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

It might have some thing to do with the fact that a chest infection is not the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

you wha? wrote: »
    I realise the day after st.stephens day is a tricky day to try and track down a doctor but when my mom is dying with a chest infection/flu how come it took nearly 7HOURS for south doc to see her?? what if it had transformed into something more serious?has anyone else had ANY GOOD experience with them or is it all negative??

Perhaps they were up to their eyeballs in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you ask them ????

Did you ask them ????

It was easier to ask us because we're a collective mine of information about everything. Google's got nothing on us.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Did you ask them ????
    That would mean he'd have to engage his brain, most unlikely he's capable of it!.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

you wha? wrote: »

Fella, if your mom is dying, call an ambulance, don't waste time looking for a doctor first.
    I've been to South Doc, both times in the middle of the night, for my 8 year old daughter. All things considered, I have nothing but praise for the people who man the phones and the doctors that cover this. You were unlucky given the time of year I reckon.
    If your mom is getting on in years, I suggest that you become a little more proactive regarding her health, and not waste your time in internet forums.

I hope your mom is feeling better this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Anytime I've needed them I've found them to be nothing but good... I've used them three times and been hospitalised twice by them: I consider them emergency doctor care and thats all... Theyve always been honest about waiting times and were very professional,.. No substitute for my own gp though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

It took them three hours to come to the aid of my mom once, in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jimmydec

They have to prioritise. Can't be in two places at the one time. You would be waiting much longer in casualty. Anyhow flu is not a life threatening illness

• Advertisement

jimmydec wrote: »
    They have to prioritise. Can't be in two places at the one time. You would be waiting much longer in casualty. Anyhow flu is not a life threatening illness

It is for some people.

Advertisement