Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budweiser best before date.

• 27-12-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭

Have about ten bottles in a crate out in the kitchen but the best before date is the 20th of december, A week ago.

Would they be ok to drink? And for how long more if they are?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

baraca wrote: »
    Have about ten bottles in a crate out in the kitchen but the best before date is the 20th of december, A week ago.

Have you tried one?

They'll probably be flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Best Before is not like Use By

Best Before is just that, they will be at their best before X but ok to consume after that. I have dumped out so many bottles of beer a few months after their best before and they were perfect by the looks of them - still gassey etc.

I've served Heineken bottel after their best before and no one died ! C02 was still perfect in them. They'll be fine. Enjoy ! Hic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If they were left out of the sun they'll be fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The worst that can happen is that they might taste a bit stale, but that won't be for months. Nothing can live in beer, so it won't go off the way milk, say, does. And if the bottles are sealed properly (I'm sure they are) they won't go flat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

BeerNut wrote: »
    The worst that can happen is that they might taste a bit stale, but that won't be for months. Nothing can live in beer, so it won't go off the way milk, say, does. And if the bottles are sealed properly (I'm sure they are) they won't go flat.

I've had out of date bottles of beer that have been completely flat before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

baraca wrote: »

there will be absolutely nothing wrong with them. Best before is a guideline, its not a use by. If they were months past their BB date then maybe they would be a bit flat, but its days. We have beer in our utility room that is past its BB since June & its still perfect!. Its alcohol, its unopened and as long as its not been stored somewhere too warm, it will taste fine. People are way too obsessed with best before dates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

BeerNut wrote: »
    Nothing can live in beer,

I dunno, yeast seems to manage pretty well...

They'll be about as drinkable as Budweiser generally is, go for it OP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Sarky wrote: »
    I dunno, yeast seems to manage pretty well...
    Acetobacter too. Nothing harmful, is what I meant.

And most yeasts will get killed by the alcohol too when it gets to a high enough concentration, somewhere in the teens ABV.

Advertisement