Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double glazing question.

• 27-12-2011 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Evening all.
    Excuse me if this isn't the right forum.

I've just Had new windows put in.
    All our windows have white georgian inserts/bars I have noticed that on one or two of the big windows if you close the small window beside it, the Georgian bars rattle/vibrate.
    Is this normal as it doesn't happen in the small windows at all ?

Any help appreciated.
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The crosses in the middle of the goergian bar (cruciforms) should have little rubber buffers that are the same width as the spacer bars inserted that stop the bars rattling -

some of the cheaper glass manufacturers didnt use these and the georgian bar will rattle when larger sashes and door units are closed - it shouldn't cause any problems, and is more of an annoyance than anything you should be overly worried with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Cruciform with no rubber buffers -

Georgian%20Cruciform%20Centre%20Key%20Sepia%2018mm%20x%208mm%20-%20C023%20(200%20per%20box).jpg

Cruciform WITH buffers

C024%20White%20Georgian%20Cruciform%20with%2011.5%20Sq%20Buffer%2018mm%20x%208mm%20bar.jpg

Advertisement