Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to activate my phone?

Options
  • 27-12-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I got a BB curve at around 5:30 from a 02 store I kept my vodafone number just wondering how long will it take to activate the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

phone should be working now just with a temporary number, do you have bis set up? You'll need that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

phone should be working now just with a temporary number, do you have bis set up? You'll need that.
    Sorry what's bis? Will I get any free credit for switching over?

BIS - Blackberry Internet Services, you'll need it to use all Blackberry Services like email, wifi etc, not sure how much it is on o2 pay as you go or how much free credit you get, it should have been explained to you when you bought it.

BIS - Blackberry Internet Services, you'll need it to use all Blackberry Services like email, wifi etc, not sure how much it is on o2 pay as you go or how much free credit you get, it should have been explained to you when you bought it.
    How do I activate it?

James__10 wrote: »
    How do I activate it?

Don't know can't find it on the o2 website, I can see it for bill pay not pre pay. I thought they have it pay as you go.

Don't know if this will shed any light, I thought they had launched it on pay as you go since http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Blackberry-Blackberry-Apps/Prepaid-Blackberry-and-02-internet-settings/td-p/290206

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

i've done all that and still no activation I tried ringing the number that came with the sim and my 087 number its saying there out of service :mad:

Maybe there was an issue with the port. You'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to sort this out. Call O2 in the morning.

Did you try a battery pull for 30 seconds?

I'm after sending a webtext from the phone there and it was recieved I used my 087 number so maybe i'm activated now.

I've no credit in the phone atm but how much do I need to activate bbm?

You need to have at least 10 euro as the data plan for BIS costs 9.99 then you register for BIS then BBM will work. Check the link I posted above.

• Advertisement

Can you top up your balance online?

Online on O2.ie if you're registered or via online banking.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Online on O2.ie if you're registered or via online banking.

Thats great cheers for your help finally you know the way the data plan is a 10r if i top up by a 10r and get that data plan will I still have 10euro credit to call and text etc?

What you should do is go on O2.ie and choose a plan:
    O2 more = free texts any network
    O2 plus = free O2 to O2 calls and texts
    Once it's active top up by 20 euro then register for BIS. It'll take the 9.99 immediatly leaving you 10.01 for what ever free option you don't have (depending on plan you choose).

If you top up by 10 euro now it'll take 9.99 when you register leaving you nothing for calls and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

James__10 wrote: »
    I got a BB curve at around 5:30 from a 02 store I kept my vodafone number just wondering how long will it take to activate the phone?
    Skys the limit when switching providers. They don't like doing it.

i've topped up by a 10r and txt NET to 50231 and recieved a message saying "your data add on has now been added but I still can't access the internet and when I try and add someone on BBM it says waiting on authorisation looks like i'll have to pop into the 02 store where I bought the phone from to get it resolved :mad:

Did you follow the rest of the instructions about texting Black and registering the host routing table?

Did you follow the rest of the instructions about texting Black and registering the host routing table?

hosting the routing table? :confused:

just took a look at the receipt and they spelled by name wrong would that make any difference? i'll probably have to head back into the shop :mad:

Have a read through this entire link and then follow the instructions:
    http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/balckberry/blackberry-101/setting-up-your-blackberry/

Misspelling your name should have made no difference

Have a read through this entire link and then follow the instructions:
    http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/balckberry/blackberry-101/setting-up-your-blackberry/

Misspelling your name should have made no difference

Just got a text saying

"Thank you for your request for BB services. They will be added to your account in 1 hour"

So i'd imagine i'll have access to internet/BBM within the next hour?

• Advertisement

Should do. Take the battery out in an hour for 30 seconds then when it starts up register the host routing table on the device (check the link above for instructions) and you should receive your service books. Bbm should then work.

Alls sorted thanks for your help Cookie otherwise I would have been ****ed :pac:

No problem. Glad it's sorted ;)

Advertisement