Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rossini restaurant

Options
  • 27-12-2011 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

It used always be quite good for Italian food but with terrible service.

Last time I was there the food was very average and service was ok.

I see they have a tacky looking banner advert up on old Capitol Cinema now, which would suggest to me they have got even worse. Anyone been there rececntly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

kcb wrote: »
    It used always be quite good for Italian food but with terrible service.

Last time I was there the food was very average and service was ok.

I see they have a tacky looking banner advert up on old Capitol Cinema now, which would suggest to me they have got even worse. Anyone been there rececntly?

I was there earlier this month - food was poor enough - the service was comically bad. They forgot my starter. Fair enough - these things happen - but my main was delivered to the table when the others were halfway through theirs.

They brought the wrong wine; waiters vanished during serviving wine so half the group got no wine for ages; pretty much everything had to be asked for at least twice including coffee and they managed to mess up the coffee and pudding orders as well.

Everything took forever and nothing was particularly worth waiting for.

Wouldn't go back unless I really had to - there are really much better restaurants in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I was there recently & I thought the food was good wih the exception of a burnt & well over delayed dessert. Service was terrible though, they might have sold us a few more drinks or had us out the door quicker if they were a bit more attentive. There's definitely a skill in avoiding eye contact when you work in he service industry!
    The place seems to be very popular, queues of people waiting all night with all the tables occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I like Rossini's and go every now and then for lunch. Its normally fairly quiet so Ive never had any problem at all with the staff and the food and the lunch deal value is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

I loved Rossinis, stopped going there about ten years ago or maybe less, the service was always apalling there....I'm surprised its still going tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Like others have said used to go there but not any more. Food wasn't up to par, service was poor, tables were too close together and a couple of times when I was there a table right up against a fire exit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement