Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone

Options
  • 27-12-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So I really want and need a new phone.I decided i'd wait for the after Christmas sales.I kind off like the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S but I'm not sure how good it is.I am on prepay and don't mind if I have to switch network.My budget is probably €300-ish but I saw the Arc S for €310 on simply electronics.I'd kind off like an iPhone 4 not 4s because it's too expensive but I'd probably be only able to get it secondhand.Can you also maybe give suggestions of good phones and they need wi-fi and 3g as I do a lot of surfing and facebooking.Thanks guys:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What network are you with? Do you have/want to stick with them?

The arc S is a good phone and 300 is a good price as most sell it for 350 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WINTERSBOII

I'm on meteor but willing to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Three have a good PAYG offer of unlimited mobile data, free texts and network and free weekend calls to any network for 20 euro per month. Check signal with them with a free pre pay sim before you move. You want to see good 3G signal where you live work and play.

Re phones, Most of these would be more then 300 but you did find the SOnry Arc S for a good price so you might do for these too:

HTC Desire S
    HTC Wildfire S
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
    Samsung Galaxy S Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Three have a good PAYG offer of unlimited mobile data, free texts and network and free weekend calls to any network for 20 euro per month. Check signal with them with a free pre pay sim before you move. You want to see good 3G signal where you live work and play.

Re phones, Most of these would be more then 300 but you did find the SOnry Arc S for a good price so you might do for these too:

HTC Desire S
    HTC Wildfire S
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
    Samsung Galaxy S Plus

I'd steer clear of the HTC wildfire if the op intends to do a lot of browsing in the go. screen too tiny for the purpose.
    the xperia arc s is quite a decent phone though I remember being baffled why it was cheaper than the experia arc, when it was released

Advertisement