Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New business from home.

Options
  • 27-12-2011 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm thinking of starting a small part time secretarial business from home, has anyone any ideas/comments on whether it is a good idea and does anyone have any idea of any courses that I could do to improve my CV in these areas. I have some experience as my Mum had her own secretarial business from home and I used to help her.I would appreciate any advice, and also if anyone thinks it's worth even giving it a go. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Marto10

What exactly are you looking to do as a secretary and is it for local businesses you would be doing it for? Think your better off looking into being a virtual assistant which would be quiet similar. If you have good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, communication it looks well, something like the ECDL course or Microsoft certification.

I am just after setting up my own part time business regarding IT uses and it is really going strong at the moment, so defo go for it but just look into it a bit more.

Advertisement