Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curling Tongs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hi purple bobbin, I've been through so many tongs and by far the best is the remington pearl wand, no need to straighten before, it creates soft shiny frizz-free curls that last and drop elegantly.

Good news is that they are on sale for €27 in boots. IMO they kick babyliss' ass;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eviledna wrote: »
    Hi purple bobbin, I've been through so many tongs and by far the best is the remington pearl wand, no need to straighten before, it creates soft shiny frizz-free curls that last and drop elegantly.

Good news is that they are on sale for €27 in boots. IMO they kick babyliss' ass;)
    Thanks for this.

I should have mentioned, I do have the Remington pearl wand, but don't like it and find it hard to use.

I much prefer tongs that when you wrap your hair around the wand there is a bit that clips onto your hair so you don't have to hold it in place.

I've tried the pearl wand a few times and frankly, all it does is make my hair look frizzy, which is not what I want.

Thanks for your help and suggestion though, I appreciate it.

I have the same length hair as you...I have always found the larger tongs to be useless. Would you consider heated rollers? My second favourite after the pearl wand for curls are the babyliss ceramic heated rollers.

Also I found if I used my wand or rollers product free, I'd end up with frizz. So I started using the umberto giannini curl friends styling spray on each section I curl, and it really helps it hold. I've got thick mid-back blonde hair that's neither straight nor curly, just a pain :)

Eviledna wrote: »
    I have the same length hair as you...I have always found the larger tongs to be useless. Would you consider heated rollers? My second favourite after the pearl wand for curls are the babyliss ceramic heated rollers.

Also I found if I used my wand or rollers product free, I'd end up with frizz. So I started using the umberto giannini curl friends styling spray on each section I curl, and it really helps it hold. I've got thick mid-back blonde hair that's neither straight nor curly, just a pain :)
    I would consider heated rollers, but will they give me a 'permed' look? The only person I know that uses (and has always used) rollers is my granny, but she gets her hair permed every so often and to be honest I would be terrified of getting the permed look.

I hadn't even thought of using a curling spray/product, would I want to use a curling shampoo and conditioner too? I normally just use the VO5 gloss me smoothly shampoo and conditioner.

I could try a curling spray/conditioner/shampoo with the pearl wand before purchasing a new curler, see if it works out.

Heated rollers won't give you the permed look, they are too big! They'll give nice soft waves and curls. They take no time at all, and they are damn handy.

I would always use that styling spray when I use the wand, it gives shiny defined curls. I don't use a curling shampoo or conditioner, just head and shoulders. Be sure that your shampoo isn't a straightening one though, or the curl won't hold.

Spray each 1 inch section before you wrap the hair around the wand at 210 degrees. Ignore the sizzle, it's not gonna go on fire, it's just the spray evaporating I promise ;) dont try to do too much hair at once with the wand, just section by section and at the end if it's too ringletty, comb it out with a wide tooth comb for soft waves.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for all your help.

I picked up the argos value range curling tongs (in case I get nowhere with my pearl wand), couldn't find the curling spray you mentioned, will have to check my local Boots for it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4424871/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/3%7C19805475%7CHair+care%7C14418399/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418399%7CHair+curlers+and+curling+tongs%7C23719045.htm

Hopefully I'll get somewhere with the Pearl Wand and the spray, considering it cost me €30 I don't want to have it go to waste :(

Advertisement