Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't give thanks!!!

Options
  • 27-12-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

It's happened me a good bit, I try to thank a post and then it says I do not have access/restricted or something along those lines. It happened before but it turns out it still gave the thanks to the post, but this time, there's nothing! What's going on? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056265452
    Point 5
    You can only thank post's ten times in a 24 hour period.
    Are you at that limit by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Site Development for technical bug reports. You'll even see that somebody started a thread about this on Christmas Day - here. Please provide more details such as links to the posts you're trying to thank, the exact wording of the error message (screenshot would be nice), the browser, the Operating System (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) etc.

You can thank more than 10 posts in 24 hours, so that should not be the issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can thank more than 10 posts in 24 hours, so that should not be the issue.

That's news round here. When did that change, and what's the new limit?

Spear wrote: »
    That's news round here. When did that change, and what's the new limit?

I'm not in the right location to check at the minute, but I just thanked 13 posts in the Test forum with a test account, didn't get any access denied messages thrown my way. Leave that one with me, I'll check the actual code base at some stage tomorrow; there could be something funny with my test account permissions though I don't think I've ever encountered this limit even with my personal account :)

Now, you made me curious so I logged in to check.

The max thanks per day is set to 0, which means there is no limit to the amount of thanks you can give. I have no way to determine when this changed. The number of posts needed to begin thanking is still set to 10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

FAQ in N&F updated then to reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Sorry lads and ladies - I didn't try to give thanks more than 10 times so it's not an issue with a limit!!

It brings me to a 'You don't have permission to access this page' and suggests this is because I'm trying to access the Soccer forum, or because I have restricted access/banned............

It's not a huge deal, but I'm just wondering.

There are various checks run to ensure you can thank a post, obviously it's failing one of these. A bug is a bug, and needs to be squashed :D

Please post in the existing bug report thread over in Site Development that I linked to a number of posts ago and provide some times, screenshots, links to posts you're trying to thank etc :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement