Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definition of spawn raping?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was the one who actually banned you Maguinek.
    You made no attempt whatsoever at capping flags and basically stood off them in a tank just to up your k/d ratio without ever supporting your squad. I watched you for about 15 mins doing this. Fair enough if you were supporting your team to cap the flags but not one of your team was with you at any time.
    At Craggy we're all about a bit of fun...no one cares about another person's stats...in Battlefield it's irrelevant and most people on our server join to have a bit of fun and have a laugh on TS..it's squad game and it's miles better when you're part of a team.
    The problem is everyone has different opinions of spawn raping...
    imo if you're in a tank outside an area and just getting easy kills without ever giving the guys a chance then I consider it spawnraping or worse..poor gamesmanship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maguinek

I made plenty of attempts to capture flags and was kicked while in the process of capturing one on foot.
    Some flags on seine are hard to capture in the tank, are players obligated to abandon the tank to capture the flag after a certain number of kills even though opposing players keep spawning there, or maybe drive it in on top of the flag making it very hard to shoot anything at such close range.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

I think blazer summed it up..

In fairness Maguinek your score was 44 -6 at one stage..you are a reg on the server though and maybe if you came on ts for night and just had a chat with the guys we could sort this out.

The admins are not there to ban people ..but to look out for the other players..if you understand now that this wouldnt be acceptable, the nice admins that they are would have no issue I'm sure with resinstating you

Come on ts tonight and have a chat with the lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

For the record I have no time for spawn rapers WHATSOEVER....I dont mind as previously stated being killed mid map at a spawn where I just spawned in and someone was there. That is not the players fault its the bad game mechanics....I have often killed a chap with an RPG as he spawned as I was mid shot at a tank and got dogs abuse for having no SKILLZZZZZZZZ

I do hate peeps knowing where the spawn points are and sitting watching and waiting at a flag (WITH NO INTENTION OF TAKING IT) to me that is the key.

TBH it does not matter if its a tank or USAS12 you are dead with no chance of playing the game and letting SKILLZ determine the outcome end off.

I am guilty of tongue lashing the odd mongo that rams me in jets while I am in the chopper ESPECIALLY team-mates which I find just plain stupid. So I apologise for that.....

I would rather play on a strict admin'd server then some **** brain server in poland with all hell breaking loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I'd be with Sisko's definition, never really seen flag rape but base rape annoys the hell out of me as its pure cowardice, goddamn choppers periodically destroying our jets and choppers because they can't handle a fair fight :mad:
    I really can't understand why DICE don't make them invincible until boarded, stop the enemy from being able to steal them and stick a no-fly zone over home bases, there's no reason for the enemy to be there except to rape...

Also I think the PC master race should avoid playing on our poor peasant consoles as we have no admins, so ANYTHING goes and its man up or quit! :P

• Advertisement

maguinek wrote: »
    I made plenty of attempts to capture flags and was kicked while in the process of capturing one on foot.
    Some flags on seine are hard to capture in the tank, are players obligated to abandon the tank to capture the flag after a certain number of kills even though opposing players keep spawning there, or maybe drive it in on top of the flag making it very hard to shoot anything at such close range.

Fair enough, that we do allow.
    Your ban is lifted, my apologies it should have been just a temp 24h ban but didn't see the option within BF3CC.
    If you do come back to Craggy play as part of a squad..I guarantee you'll enjoy the game way more and get on teamspeak as well.....lots of crack and slagging on there.

PS..don't spawn on Yank...he's know as the Spawn of Death..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Blazer wrote: »
    The problem is everyone has different opinions of spawn raping...
    imo if you're in a tank outside an area and just getting easy kills without ever giving the guys a chance then I consider it spawnraping or worse..poor gamesmanship.

"Without ever giving the guys a chance."

I'm wary of getting involved in a discussion I have nothing to do with, so people are perfectly entitled to tell me to feck off here :P

But I'm puzzled by that remark.

Let me put it this way. I'll place my self both in maguinek's position and those on the other teams position.

The rare times I do get in a tank on that map, I'll play correctly with that tank. Powering through with the thing into tight areas where inf can easily get you from all angles is a bad way to play.

Playing a tank in that environment involves settings yourself up in as safe a position as possible and shelling the enemy. Then moving on to the next position. Why keep moving? Because usually if you are doing a lot of damage with the tank the enemy is aware of you and that usually means they are going to try and kill you. Changing positions is important.

If for some strange reason the enemy lets me stay in the same spot and shell them while my team takes flags then I'll do so.

If I was on the other team and this was happening I will be making it my mission to take that tank out. Probably by flanking it and putting c4 on it. Because spawning at the flag its shooting at and trying to shoot it with RPGS while its probably being repaired is not always the best plan.

I would also be giving out to whoever is on my team driving our tank. That person should also be making sure the enemy tank is unable to rape his teammates.

I don't really get the concept of "giving the other guys a chance" in this scenario. There is no unfair imbalance here. The other guys have a chance. That chance is to spawn somewhere else flank the tank and blow it up. That chance was to not allow the tank to dominate the round in the first place.

As for team play. Unless maguinek's team was losing, from the scenario I'm picturing from this thread, I would consider what he was doing to be decent team play. He's suppressing the enemy team, making life for his teammates much much easier. I imagine his team was winning if that was his KD/r in a tank, on that map.

BF3 is an intense game, the adrenalin gets flowing. It seems everyone gets very angry about 'spawning into death'. I do too. But when I do, I get angry that it happened. But I made a choice to spawn into a hail of bullets . I'm spawning into an area where I have no situational awareness. I'm taking a risk. I'm angry the risk didn't pay off, that luck was not on my side. But I'm not angry at the game. Not angry at who I spawned on and I'm sure as hell not angry at the guy who shot me.

The odds are against me spawning there. If I spawned at another flag I could approach the area from what angle suited me with complete situation awareness. If I took the gamble one which the odds are stacked against me, and spawned into a firefight then that's the risk I've taken and I'm aware of that.

Ultimately, admins rule is law. Its their server. If the rules are "no claymores at flags" "no firing rpgs at infantry" "players must count to 10 before shooting an enemy player that spawned" "players must not be in tanks without getting killed longer than 5 mins" etc etc

Then that's fair enough, its their server. They want the game to play the way they enjoy it.

Yeah spawn raping is a tough one imo.
    Personally I think anything should be allowed within BF3.
    Baseraping/spawnraping/rgp'ing/noobtoobing etc....EA designed the uncaps to have defensive weapons so they obviously had this in mind...if the enemy can't get out of their base tough ****...
    However each server has different rules and this is one of Craggy's. Makes it more enjoyable for most people although I do fancy raping the enemy airfields now and then :D
    Not that I ever do it...I always give em a chance to get off the ground.;)

Advertisement