Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Hotspot on iPhone 4 (3 network) just stopped working

• 28-12-2011 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I've had an iPhone 4 with 3 Ireland since launch in August 2010. I have unlimited data, and I just the iPhone personal hotspot to tether to a variety of devices. However, something has gone wrong and personal hotspot seems to have stopped working for the last few weeks. I turn it on, but none of my devices are able to see my iPhone as a wi-fi network.

I'm on ios5, and I have changed no settings on either the iPhone4 or any of my devices.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I rely on personal hotspot a lot. Thanks in advance ... ToadVine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Sounds a bit odd. Only thing I could recommend is to do a soft reset. Hold down the lock key at the top and the home key untill you see the apple logo. Ignoring slide to power off

5.0.1 should be the software version on it. Try also doing the update if not the case with your device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

This happened to me a while ago. It turned out that it just knocked itself off in Settings. have a look there, you might just need to turn it back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Working fine for me but you need to turn it off and on in the settings if it has been a while since you connected.

Advertisement