Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top class shotgun timber stock restorer? Please recommend.

Options
  • 28-12-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Have my Lanber 2077 over a year now, was in pristine condition when I got it but as its my first shortie it's got a bit rough lately. Partially because I wore leather gloves one day with a steel button on em, destroyed the timber stock..
    I want to keep the gun in good shape so will spend the cash to find someone who will restore it to as good as new.
    Me doing it myself is not an option! Only a trusted gun smith with experience will get the job.

So names and past experiences much appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭moby30

Pat O Brien in Bray makes quality stocks. Hes getting on a bit now but i still bring any jobs like that down to him. He was known to be one of the best Carpenter/Joiners/Cabinet makers in his day. His number is 01-2862534. As I said he is getting on in years but dont let that deter you as his work in my opinion is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

moby30 wrote: »
    Pat O Brien in Bray makes quality stocks. Hes getting on a bit now but i still bring any jobs like that down to him. He was known to be one of the best Carpenter/Joiners/Cabinet makers in his day. His number is 01-2862534. As I said he is getting on in years but dont let that deter you as his work in my opinion is quality.

A man with his age and wise years is who I'd like for the job as they would have experience.
    Would you or him have pictures of previous work

I got a crack in the fore end of my shotgun repaired a couple of months back- ill send you a pic if you like but you won't be able to tell where the repair is:-)you should call into him and have a look at some of the work he has done and in the middle of doing. He has a lovely "Greener" side by side with damascus barrels that he restored, reproofed and restocked all with the traditional old fashioned tools. Always give him a call before you go down and tell him what your looking for. He's available till around 9 p.m. Most days.

Calling to him is a bit of a job as I'm in County Cork. I'll be up that way in the near future and I'll be sure to call into him. Never too far away from anywhere on this island of ours

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

I,ll second the work done by Pat O,Brien. Excellent work and good value. He wont do it overnight as good stock work takes time but his work is great.

• Advertisement

Is this O Brien fella licenced to have guns in his possession or storage? As I wouldn't like to myself or him in trouble.

Yes he's a licensed gun dealer.

Advertisement