Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant Office Space Dublin City

Options
  • 28-12-2011 12:45am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

If you'd access to vacant office space in a good location in Dublin City Centre, with good public transport access, what would you do with it?

It's right beside the Guinness Store House and could be fitted out for other purposes than just offices.

In a year or two I'd possibly have a use for it as an office but in the mean time it's just vacant.

It would be large enough for a restaurant but I'm guessing Guinness have that sector tied up and I've no restaurant experience.

I was thinking of maybe setting up a gym. Not a fancy gym more a place with a large free weights section. It would be aimed at the more weights focused individual as opposed to the cardio or machine focused individuals. My thinking is that there are plenty of gyms who would cater for these guys far better than I could whereas in most gyms I've been in the free weights section is small and jammed. I've no gym running experience either. At the moment this is me just thinking out loud though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

leave it as offices, perhaps a co working space like http://www.amworks.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Nuttzz wrote: »
    leave it as offices, perhaps a co working space like http://www.amworks.ie/

I was going to say the same thing. I work from home myself and am currently thinking of finding low committal office space somewhere. With a good website, good branding and some nice touches to the space you could definitely create a very desirable space for people like me. PM if you want to talk more about the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

+1 for leave as office space, keep us posted as I'll be looking for low commital office space the end of fe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

The answer to your question would be easier if I could see a photo!
    Im looking to create a pop up gallery! I give you a % of sales, could be exciting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Davejc7

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Hi,

If you'd access to vacant office space in a good location in Dublin City Centre, with good public transport access, what would you do with it?

It's right beside the Guinness Store House and could be fitted out for other purposes than just offices.

In a year or two I'd possibly have a use for it as an office but in the mean time it's just vacant.

It would be large enough for a restaurant but I'm guessing Guinness have that sector tied up and I've no restaurant experience.

I was thinking of maybe setting up a gym. Not a fancy gym more a place with a large free weights section. It would be aimed at the more weights focused individual as opposed to the cardio or machine focused individuals. My thinking is that there are plenty of gyms who would cater for these guys far better than I could whereas in most gyms I've been in the free weights section is small and jammed. I've no gym running experience either. At the moment this is me just thinking out loud though.

Hi There,

The best thing to do is turn into office space, I've dealt with office space for the past 16 years and deal with offices in the US, UK, and Europe.

We take the space and carry out Architectural test fits and then get clients into the space for you on long term leases.

We have a premises in Fumbally lane at present where we are doing this exact work if you'd like to view.

Let me know if you require any advise on the above.

Regards,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement