Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Special Romantic Weekend in Ireland

• 28-12-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I am looking for some recommendations for a romantic getaway in Ireland. I was thinking of a special 4-Star hotel. I don't mind paying as it is for a very special anniversary, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Might be too late now but the nicest hotel I've stayed in in Ireland is probably Ritz Carlton in Powerscourt, very expensive though - we got it as a present - so might blow the budget! I quite like the Heritage in Killenard as well and that would definitely be cheaper. Rathsallagh supposed to be nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Well it's a five star but it's meant to be fabulous, and voted in the top three spas in the world - Monart in Wexford. It's cheaper if you want to go mid-week though so that might be an option for you.

Some other hotels, there are a few in Killarney like the Dunloe, the Europe. In Cork Fota Island Resort is amazing, it really is and it's good value for money too. I stayed there a while back and loved it, wish we could've stayed longer. It was so relaxing and the food was amazing. There's also Inchydonney but I didn't like that last time I stayed there - it seems to have lost its charm and seemed a bit run-down. You could go to Kenmare too - there's a 4 star hotel in Kenmare called The Brook Lane which is meant to be really good. If you wanted to splurge you could stay in The Park or Sheen Falls, both also in Kenmare. The restaurants in Kenmare are great though - Kenmare is a fab place. Very romantic too!

In Waterford, the Cliff House Hotel is really good although the service there really lets them down. In Limerick (LOL going through the counties now), there's Adare Manor. In Clare there's Doonbeg.

In Mayo there's Knockranny and The Ice House - I haven't been to either of those but heard really good reviews about Knockranny.

In Donegal, there's Solis Lough Eske - looks fab! I really want to go there sometime.

In Leinster then, well you've got the Wineport near Athlone. In Kildare - K Club, Carton House, Barberstown, The Osprey. Wicklow - Brook Lodge, Ritz Cartlon in Enniskerry. Dublin - well you've loads to choose from there. In Kilkenny, Mount Juliet is really nice.

That's all I can think of for now, hope that gives you lots to think about!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joan brophy

A lovely place to stay is mortello towers in sutton. You can hire for two nights or wharever, would highly recommend it. You can see in on the internet, we did two nights last october and would def go back again, have a look on net

A lovely place to stay is mortello towers in sutton. You can hire for two nights or wharever, would highly recommend it. You can see in on the internet, we did two nights last october and would def go back again, have a look on net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Doonbeg lodge in Clare is fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Travels.ie

Dromoland Castle is truly hard to beat and has some great deals.
    Also I like castlemarty in Co, Cork or The Twelve in Barna, Co Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lorrie08

Id say give the tourist office an email and they could advice you. [HTML]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublins-Tourist-Office/285992434763691[/HTML]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

The lake hotel in Killarey or the Brook Lane in Kenmare :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Personally I would also opt for Monart in Wexford as mentioned in a previous post, It's not cheap, been a couple of times, just back actually from a weekend there, but it's a great place to go and totally chill out

It's a destination spa, not a hotel with a spa, there is a difference, it's adults only, sooooo quiet :) you don't have to get dressed for breakfast, lunch or dinner (except if you want dinner in the main restaurant) just toddle along in your robe

Great food, nice treatments & great staff, can't fault it to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gadget78

Sparky100 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I am looking for some recommendations for a romantic getaway in Ireland. I was thinking of a special 4-Star hotel. I don't mind paying as it is for a very special anniversary, Thanks
    Hi Sparky100,
    I have 2 vouchers for Druid's Glen (5*) in Co. Wicklow - Each voucher includes: Deluxe room overnight, a glass of prosecco on arrival, a 3 course dinner for 2 in the Druids Brasserie, full Irish breakfast, and late checkout the next day. This offer is valid at weekends, and includes €25 credit each for a round of golf or for the Elemis spa.

I am unable to use the voucher now due lack of free weekends ahead. It expires on March 31st but they've told me that they're willing to extend it into April. Let me know if you're interested - I'll give you a good deal on it seeing that it's such short notice.
    You can contact me at gadgetg78@gmail.com and I'll be glad to assist.

Advertisement