Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with faulty product bought online

Options
  • 28-12-2011 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey all, sorry if this was already answered - I had a look around, but couldn't find anything.....
    I bought a MPMANN Internet tablet from Pixmania for a Christmas present - it arrived around the 16th Dec but I (in hindsight stupidly) didn't open it to check it...
    When i gave the present, it was turned on and nothing! wouldn't load, looks like there is internal damage, the screen is half black, half white....unusable and very very faulty!
    I got onto Pixmania, they said it was covered under the manufacturer's warranty for a year and i'd have to contact the manufacturer to get it repaired. I did try this following the steps they sent me, but the only option i got was to return it to Pixmania themselves for a repair.
    I've gotten onto them and have requested a replacement -after several mails back and forth (they're based in Paris) i've now started asking for a refund.
    They say because I didn't get back to them within 7 days that i'm only entitled to a repair and this can take up to a month....
    Is this right? Should i be entitled to a refund / replacement anyway because its faulty?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You are not entitled to insist on a refund. If Pixmania are offering a repair service then they are fulfilling their legal obligation to you. Follow their RMA process and return the faulty product.

Advertisement