Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Was Santa Good to Ye?

Options
  • 28-12-2011 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    Just wondering if Santa was good to you, or if he caught your name on the naughty list!

Anyhow, let's see or hear anything that was left under the Christmas Tree that made you smile.

Conversely, any of those "what in the name of God" were they thinking gifts are welcome too.

Slan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

New barrel, new wellies, Encyclopedia of firearms.
    And a lovely Fawn today ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

FISMA wrote: »
    Lads,
    Just wondering if Santa was good to you, or if he caught your name on the naughty list!
    New bell and carlson medalist A5 stock for my Remmy:D:D:D
    New laser rangefinder:D:D
    Dremel with accesories:D:D
    New Binoculars with rangefinder reticle:D:D
    Dont know what i done right this year,must have been a good boy:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Got my first grant letter from the Super on the eve of Christmas Eve and from that point on i got nothing but grief from her....

Apparently i spent more time over christmas going on about "my new toy" than paying interest in my kids and there toys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

Got a new hunting jacket and one or two shooting books.... and then stack loads of DVDs because apparantly Im a hard to person to buy for :eek:

I was dissapointed I didnt get any dummy rounds. I was dropping hints since mid november :rolleyes: So Ive decided for next xmas Im gonna be writing out a list- a huge list, which includes pictures of the item, shop/website where you get it, price etc.... that way theres no excuses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

rgugliel wrote: »
    Got my first grant letter from the Super on the eve of Christmas Eve and from that point on i got nothing but grief from her....

Apparently i spent more time over christmas going on about "my new toy" than paying interest in my kids and there toys :D

Nice to see that you got your priorities right. Don't forget to involve the kids as well, :) that'll keep her indoors happy.

• Advertisement

Got this for the wife, ;););););)

Now I can watch all my downloaded shooting vid's and DVD's. AC RYAN 1tb media player (HDMI output) on top left of the tv stand holds all my movies and music content.

df5d957e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

This is waiting for me back in the states

6565707243_78ae16b44b_b.jpg

6565708161_cb96750152_b.jpg

6565706533_6992019a49_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

im looking to either get a vintage rifle in 303,or a 10/22,im really leaning towards a 303 its just hard to come across them here,id like one that has a few dings in the stock just so you can imagine where its been,and with a good barrel.

bazza888 wrote: »
    im looking to either get a vintage rifle in 303,or a 10/22,im really leaning towards a 303 its just hard to come across them here,id like one that has a few dings in the stock just so you can imagine where its been,and with a good barrel.

Duffys in Galway have a few. Or contact BunnyShooter to get info on a 303

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

A great year for shioting gear. My various loved ones gave me a peli case, an led lenser P3 and P7, a pair of aigle wellies and a book on repairing shotguns, and a custom Davy Moore bowie from herself! :D

• Advertisement

Hibrion wrote: »
    A great year for shioting gear. My various loved ones gave me a peli case, an led lenser P3 and P7, a pair of aigle wellies and a book on repairing shotguns, and a custom Davy Moore bowie from herself! :D

That is one lovely pressie.
    I was salivating looking at that bowie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Argumentative posts removed. If you have an issue or problem use the report post button, and let the mods deal with it.

Back on topic.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

So in answer to the question, yes Santa was good to me - he got me membership for HH, so I'll see you soon on the range CliveJ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

No shortage of enfields in dealers , if you ask about they will have them or can get one easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Cupid__Stunt

I got this :)

that an R1?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Cupid__Stunt

LB6 wrote: »
    that an R1?
    R6 race bike

close enuf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

harmoniums wrote: »
    This is waiting for me back in the states

6565707243_78ae16b44b_b.jpg

6565708161_cb96750152_b.jpg

6565706533_6992019a49_b.jpg

RIC issue Lee Enfield............. nice.

I got a pyjamas from next.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I don't really like to get presents. But how could you say no to...

1) 100 rounds of 338 Win Mag Hornady Superformance in 225gr. :D
    2) 10 rounds of 50 BMG Hornady A Max Match in 750gr :eek: even though you don't have a 50 cal:confused:
    and
    3) 200 rounds of Hornady Zombie Ammo in 223, because the green tips were festive
    .boreds.jpg
    Note, I am not complaining about the 50cal. I actually see it as an excuse to get one now.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

2) 10 rounds of 50 BMG Hornady A Max Match in 750gr :eek: even though you don't have a 50 cal:confused:
    and
    3) 200 rounds of Hornady Zombie Ammo in 223, because the green tips were festive
    .boreds.jpg
    Note, I am not complaining about the 50cal. I actually see it as an excuse to get one now.:rolleyes:

.5Bmg :) bring that to Ireland next time !

and
    .boreds.jpg

At the rate your going you'd want to make sure the floor boards will hold up for you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

John Kavanagh, Fingal Sports, Naul.

Tell him I sent you.

tac

tac foley wrote: »

John Kavanagh, Fingal Sports, Naul.

Tell him I sent you.

tac

+ to that. He's your man for vintage firearms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

.5Bmg :) bring that to Ireland next time !

Tack, I knew they were big, but when you pick one of these things up, you understand why, around this size, they stop using the word bullet and begin using the term projectile!
    clivej wrote: »
    At the rate your going you'd want to make sure the floor boards will hold up for you. wink.gif

Ah, I have a while to go, but to be truthful, I have taken into consideration the distribution of the cases on my auld floors!

I also forgot to mention one really simple, inexpensive, tactical, and practical gift I got. A must have for the survivalist in us all - the paracord bracelet.

If you are like me and tend to have a Bear Grylls moment every now and then, you'll like this one. The bracelet unwinds into 9' or 10' of 550lb test.

Lads, they're only $2.50 so if ye want one, PM me. Won't be home for a few months, but will peg them into the case.
    61qrFQ-C4RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Tack, I knew they were big, but when you pick one of these things up, you understand why, around this size, they stop using the word bullet and begin using the term projectile!

Ever see this? a Soldier in the US used a 50BMG round to hammer in the cross pin on his machine gun mount

warning .... gross.....

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/06/04/soldier-mutilates-hand-by-hitting-50-caliber-round/

Advertisement