Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New xbox dashboard

Options
  • 28-12-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

How do I stop it giving away my every move?

This new dashboard is doing my head in; constant Fifa updates on who's doing what and "X is online." "X is now playing Skyrim." "Y is online." "Y is playing Skyrim" etc etc
    And there doesn't seem to be a way to stop people seeing what you're watching on youtube.

How can I make it less annoying? Please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

To the best of my knowledge there was a setting in youtube to not show what video you were watching, I know for a fact some of my friends just have "Video" on their profile and others have the video title. I know they added the extra notification even when you've already started playing a game that if someone else starts playing it you're made aware, but I personally don't mind that. If there is no option in notifications then I'm not sure if you can change it.

The ads and kinect being shoved down your throat at every turn is my biggest problem, and my games console trying to do the job of my skybox and every other electronic device is annoying as I only want my Xbox to game on, it's a crock of **** but that's the way things are heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you've a beacon set for a game it'll tell you when someone is playing that game. Remove the beacon and it should stop. You can disable notifications all together too if you want. It's a pity it's not granular so you could display new messages, but not achievements etc.

For videos, from the Home screen, tab (hold RB) all the way right to Settings. Then select Privacy > Change Settings > Customize. Scroll down to Video and Music Status and toggle to the setting you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i've not played with any settings on mine and i only get pop up notifications when someone comes online or if they're playing the same game - same as it's ever done.

I'm loving the new dash. I stayed up until 5 yesterday morning having a few beers looking up old videos on muzu :D

Advertisement