Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooking smoked salmon

Options
  • 28-12-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

is there a way to use up smoked salmon that is starting to get a little strong?
    It is so delicious at first that is seems pointless to carry on eating it as it deteriorates.
    If there was a way of using it cooked then I could freeze it and use it up at my leisure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Nice layered between sliced potatoes and baked in oven, use recipe for garlic potatoes or similar and add the smoked salmon. Nice lunch with salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

thanks -that's a start.

a French wine make ronce said to me that if you use old wine in cooking it gets back all the good flavour .

But I don't see the same thing with smoked salmon unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Smoked salmon pate? Whizz in the blender with a couple of tablespoons of creme fraiche, then fold into cream cheese and season with lemon juice and black pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Hi,
    You could chop it up and fry it in a pan, add cream, salt, pepper and squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon into it and cook it up until the sauce thickens a bit then stir it into cooked pasta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I saw Rachel Allen drizzle it with olive oil and cook it in the oven. Then she used it to make these fish cakes http://www.rte.ie/food/2011/1219/salmonfishcakes.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement