Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family usage of Boards?

Options
  • 28-12-2011 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

My son has joined Boards, as did my daughter a couple of years ago (I think).

I'm just wondering how it works with regard to being a multiple user account as we all have the same IP address? Will there be a problem with mods thinking any one of us is trolling? What happens if one of them gets banned, does that mean I am automatically banned?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Suffice to say that the measures we use are not just limited to IP addresses. You say your daughter has been here for a few years, and you yourself have been here for a good few now too and it hasn't come up before. As long as your son doesn't come here and start raising suspicion by trolling or otherwise breaking the rules, then you will be fine.

We don't IP ban except in exceptional circumstances. However, if it's a case that one of the accounts on your IP gets banned and then another one starts posting in that forum where they have no previous history of posting then what are we to think? Just use common sense and you'll be fine. It's not hard to keep within the rules, you've been doing it for over six years yourself :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement