Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim with controller on pc

Options
  • 28-12-2011 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ok not sure if this is the right place, Ive got Skyrim on pc and I want to use a ps3 type controller for it, I went and bought a controller that worked on a ps3 cause i thought i could use it on pc the thing is is that it isnt a proper ps3 controller which has loads of guides, So i anyone out there has any knowledge on getting it to work please help:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ok not sure if this is the right place, Ive got Skyrim on pc and I want to use a ps3 type controller for it, I went and bought a controller that worked on a ps3 cause i thought i could use it on pc the thing is is that it isnt a proper ps3 controller which has loads of guides, So i anyone out there has any knowledge on getting it to work please help:(

Different controllers would have different ways of getting to work, you would need to point out the model but the 360 pads are the best for pc games as work out of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Try this out :
    Read this http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

And this comment below looked particularly helpful. Even though it was written in 2007 i think it still applies. I did get it to work on my lappie a while back.

=============

Right, There are a few thing that you can do if you are having problem.
    Plug you controller (with the USB) into your computer, DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTON ON YOUR CONTROLLER.(If you Ps3 controller is flashing, its ok icon_biggrin.gif . That means that its charging)
    Download program. OPEN WITH WINRAR (Download if you dont have)
    WinRar will open the file. Double click on it.
    It will run and install.
    Go to Device Manger, and click Load Driver.
    Some stuff might happen, just accept it all/let it run.
    Follow step no.5
    After that, under Select One GameMode you should have Playstation 3===>OPTIONS clicked.
    CLICK ON =====>OPTIONS ( this will bring you to a new window where you can map your controller settings. Change any settings you want and Click SAVE CHANGES below the list.
    Go back to Profiles and click ENABLE(In Pink) Then Vibrition Testing (controller should Vibrite)
    Then click Game controller Panel->Properites(Press buttons to see them mapped)->Settings(Top Left)->Calibrate(follow instructions)
    After that you should be good to go icon_biggrin.gif
    It will say ====>Options

======

I reckon after that you go into Skyrim and go to controller settings.

Hope it works bro

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

I use a standard wireless xbox 360 controller. Connected with one of these

no problems, just plug n play!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

after trawling through lots of forums, you can't plug in your charger USB cable into the pc and have the 360 pad work, either get a wired pc one (which works straight away) or get a wireless pc receiver with your wireless 360 joypad as Danny suggests.

However motion joy works a treat with ps3 joypads, set it to emulate
    360 joypads and u can play eg Skyrim with ur ps3 joypad. Sorted it yesterday:) there are YouTube guides for it

I'm sure motion joy would work with that one u bought. If not then that'd b v unfortunate, would have to buy a ps3 joypad or the other 2 options listed above

Advertisement