Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Raffail"

Options
  • 28-12-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I still have about 125 euro to give back to people for the tickets they bought for the raffle so to anyone who thinks I've done a "legger" with the money don't worry the money is just sitting there and I will still endeavour to attend infernos to buy them back. I've just been waiting to find out when the next inferno is so I can plan to be at it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

It was just resting in his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

"No Father, 'tis my money. Just didn't want to fill out the forms."

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, a fiver of that is mine but I've lost the ticket. Little bit disgruntled about the whole thing tbh, but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, a fiver of that is mine but I've lost the ticket. Little bit disgruntled about the whole thing tbh, but whatever.

Same here.
    Probably should have taken down names or something but I doubt you expected to have to delay it so long before calling it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

D4RK ONION wrote: »

its only a fiver, lol. :)

• Advertisement

You know exactly how much cash is left over from the raffle right? I think there should be a cut off date which after that the money should just go into the community fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Naphiel wrote: »
    You know exactly how much cash is left over from the raffle right? I think there should be a cut off date which after that the money should just go into the community fund.

Nice idea

Not too upset about the loss of €5 I'd much rather see it go to the CF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Nutrient wrote: »
    Not too upset about the loss of €5 I'd much rather see it go to the CF

Nutrient's being the better man and donating a fiver to the CF.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Eh no, much as I like you all I will have my 40 euro back, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

You should have really set a concrete date for this rather than dragging it out for as long as you did, not trying to be harsh, just want to be constructive.

Anyway, if I can't get up to Dublin soon, I have no problem with my 5 Euro going into the CF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I have it on good authority that Ry has spent the money on cheap cans and expensive drugs.
    Money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I said at the start to keep the ticket as it may not happen and I NEEDED tickets to give back the 5er. To anyone who's lost their ticket, after everyone who still has theirs has got their money back I'll count up the people who lost theirs and if there's an even amount I'll let it go and dish out but I want to be sure everyone who has a ticket has got their money back before I do that's all.

If you're "disgruntled" because you are down 5 euro I apologise. I'm very sorry if this lack of a 5er has cost you the choice of taking a taxi one time or a packet of smokes another time but I did explain it would take time before I could give back money to people without a ticket and I did stress the importance of keeping them to everyone who bought one.

I'd also ask anyone with tickets to perhaps PM me here on boards as this would make things a bit easier to return money to ticket holders too.

Apologies again the raffle didn't go ahead. Interest wasn't high enough, such is life.

P.S. I don't mind if people want to give the lot to CF. That'd make my life easier obviously but I don't think it's fair either to do that because people might feel forced into agreeing to this when they might really want their money back but not want to say.

P.P.S. A-Trak I'm gonna need that 50 back asap man as they may all agree to the CF thing cheers...:rolleyes:

About the whole CF thing, it wasn't a suggestion that people who still have their tickets donate their cash. It's just that at some stage, there'll be a sum left over at the end because some people can't claim their fiver since some people lost their tickets. Anyone can come forward and claim it's their's but no one can really prove anything. It's at this point I was saying the cash should go to the CF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I cant really see anyone being that pathetic to come forward and claim a fiver thats not due to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

bush wrote: »
    I cant really see anyone being that pathetic to come forward and claim a fiver thats not due to them.
    Chunkis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The Hound wrote: »
    Chunkis

I take back everything i said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Ry wrote: »

Apologies again the raffle didn't go ahead. Interest wasn't high enough, such is life.

if u have e125 after already giving back some id say there was some "interest",
    especially originally when said u wanted to keep the stick in the community,i dunno how much money/profit ya expected to make ,its not like the community is super large :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Just out of interest, what kind of figure did you have in mind that you would have been happy with? Tbh I don't think I'd be happy parting with mine for much less than it cost. Feckers aren't cheap but what a product. Actually toying with the idea of another one :pac:

I

If you're "disgruntled" because you are down 5 euro I apologise. I'm very sorry if this lack of a 5er has cost you the choice of taking a taxi one time or a packet of smokes another time but I did explain it would take time before I could give back money to people without a ticket and I did stress the importance of keeping them to everyone who bought one.

Ry, you took money off people to do one thing and then didn't do it because you weren't happy with the results without ever telling people this was a possibility.

If Chunkis did this he'd be ran out out of here right now.

I like you, but you're not in a position to be sitting on a high horse here imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'll most likely be going to the next DOC (on the 28th). Still have my ticket so there shouldn't be any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Whole thing seems very messy to me. If a person wanted to sell their stick to the community, offer it at an event. It's simple and less open to stuff like this happeneing.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I for one am outraged, OUTRAGED!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

if u have e125 after already giving back some id say there was some "interest",
    especially originally when said u wanted to keep the stick in the community,i dunno how much money/profit ya expected to make ,its not like the community is super large :confused:

I've only returned about 30 quid of tickets so far to anyone I found whenever the last inferno was.
    Ry, you took money off people to do one thing and then didn't do it because you weren't happy with the results without ever telling people this was a possibility.

If Chunkis did this he'd be ran out out of here right now.

I like you, but you're not in a position to be sitting on a high horse here imo.

Firstly, you've pissed me off with this post so this is a bit of a rant. Don't read on if you aren't arsed.

Brian to answer your 3 points in full.

I actually stated it to every single person I sold a ticket to that if enough tickets didn't sell I'd be returning the money so to make SURE they keep the ticket in the case that this happens so I can be sure to get their money back to them promptly.

"Run me out of here"? Ok. I'll enjoy Barbados with my €125. Also Chunkis often pulled mental **** like this and he still sits pretty at the top of the room with his cheeky grin :rolleyes: I actually don't know what that statemenet was even meant to mean lol. You'll ban me from boards? What?

I really don't know what high horse you're on about. Your post screams high horse to be honest but there's nothing new there. If anything I'm fcking humbled by the ridiculousness of the whole thing so thanks for the hostility there dude. That's one of those "No offence but fck you" statements right there that is completely unproductive. I could say fck the lot of you and throw the remaining 125 quid into the air at the next inferno if I wanted but I fcking don't want to! So it'd be nice not to make this more farcical than it already is with inanely hostile comments.

I really just want to simply get the money back to people fairly and safely. I'd be happy to just take people at their word and not require tickets. If everyone wants to do that I'll gladly come in and say right here's the 125 remaining tell me what you are owed and you can have it out of it. I've no problem doing that but I was only trying to protect people from the possibility of people saying they're owed money when they're not.

I don't need the grief actually I've realised. Your post has riled me admittedly. If you think I'm on a high horse Brian I'll get on a big f*ckin black unicorn (how dramatic eh?) and get decisive about it instead of giving a ****. The only reason this thread exists is because I care what people want me to do about it. I'm taking feedback on how they'd prefer I proceed and I'm trying to judge the best way based on how people feel about it. Do you think I give a flying turd about 125 quid? I don't! I do care that people get it back accurately though. I tried to do something good. While yes it was self serving to do so, it was meant with good intentions. Unfortunately it ended up as crap and serving more stress than anything.

At this stage I don't care. I'll come into an inferno and give people their money willy nilly tickets or not and when the 125 is gone then it's gone.

F*ck proper order.

P.S. (To people wondering how much in ticket sales I was hoping for in relation to the value of the stick. I expected more than half at least (Which it didn't even meet). The thing people seem to fail to understand is that the raffle wasn't a charity event where I was donating the stick and just hoping to make a few quid back off it. I wanted to make a decent percentage of what I'd paid for it back obviously. It seemed like a viable and fun way for it to find a new home and have the added bonus of staying in the Irish community. It wasn't obviously.)

You made out Onion to be a villain. I pointed out he has a right to be annoyed.

Making it more than that is all in your head Ry.

And if you go back and check the last time Chunkis tried to do something here, I was the first one there saying no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How in Ireland did you think you were going to get back even half of a €500 stick? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I won a grandfather clock in a raffle when i was young :p

You made out Onion to be a villain. I pointed out he has a right to be annoyed.

Annoyed is an understatement, i think word you are looking for is 'disgruntled'.
    If it pleases the Jury, i would like to donate an additional €5 out my own pocket to compensate Onion for any disgruntled-'nes' and hardship this misunderstanding may have caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Placebo wrote: »
    Annoyed is an understatement, i think word you are looking for is 'disgruntled'.
    If it pleases the Jury, i would like to donate an additional €5 out my own pocket to compensate Onion for any disgruntled-'nes' and hardship this misunderstanding may have caused.

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

U can't take peoples money and then make them feel bad for being annoyed.
    Ry just needed to take it on the chin if people are upset and continue to fix the problem.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Placebo wrote: »

Think you're missing the point. I'm disappointed at how it was run, not that I'm out five euro. Disgruntled is pretty much the perfect word there ;) Which is why I wanted to clarify Sairus' raffle.

If you want to give me a fiver that's grand too. I'll happily take it.

• Advertisement

Doyler01 wrote: »

U can't take peoples money and then make them feel bad for being annoyed.
    Ry just needed to take it on the chin if people are upset and continue to fix the problem.
    This whole thread was created to rectify the situation which i feel has been blow out of proportion.
    Either way onion please accept this as a token of good will and gesture from me.
    5euro1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement