Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It goes boom!

Options
  • 28-12-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

Did you get it yet? Legit?
    I can c4 no problems - but i just cant find a tank driver stupid enough to let me disrepair him.
    Suggestions, comments, tales of how you accomplished this achievement on a postcard please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

yankinlk wrote: »
    Did you get it yet? Legit?
    I can c4 no problems - but i just cant find a tank driver stupid enough to let me disrepair him.
    Suggestions, comments, tales of how you accomplished this achievement on a postcard please.

I got lots of deaths going for this and was very annoying getting kil assists while doing it but no kill.

Here is how i got it.....
    I used the blow torch on a enemy snipers spawn beacon and bingo that counted! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I got lucky, two tanks were fighting so I rocketed the tank and then ran quickly to the back with the repair tool and got the kill. Was delighted, it takes a while though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

game4it70 wrote: »
    Here is how i got it.....
    I used the blow torch on a enemy snipers spawn beacon and bingo that counted! :rolleyes:

Oh FFS!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I usually charge at the tank and get a shot off with an RPG, when the turret turns you want to be too close for it to get a shot on you. Get your torch out and start going at it, usually the driver gets out when he realises what happening. If you are quick you can take out the driver and steal the tank. I do this almost all of the time.

Have my squad laying down smoke around the tank so he cant see me get close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Do it on the hmmv or vodnik, you'd be amazed by the amount of people that stay in them plus the tool damages them quicker. did it twice on bazaar last night.

Ps what awesome said, ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Haha, I ran after a guy for 2 minutes on Wake Island just to kill him with the torch.

Worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I got a tunguska on wake island :pac:
    Pure fluke but I LOL'd big time!

The carbine you get for it is pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

game4it70 wrote: »

was that before the patch? i couldn't get that to work yesterday at all. but i can confirm it works for tugs. thanks for the idea!

yankinlk wrote: »
    was that before the patch? i couldn't get that to work yesterday at all. but i can confirm it works for tugs. thanks for the idea!

No it was after the patch.I took out the snipers tugs first then the beacon so maybe it was the tugs but there was a delay in showing the assignment completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Haha, I ran after a guy for 2 minutes on Wake Island just to kill him with the torch.

Worth it.

Did you hear the benny hill music in your head?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Did you hear the benny hill music in your head?

Lol :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I don't think I'm up to that assignment yet (don't get to play much) but I'm pretty sure I already blew up a vehicle with my repair tool. Must work on these.

Advertisement