Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar collections

Options
  • 28-12-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Anyine know what the story is with greenstar collections this week - our was due yesterday but presumed rescheduled ? Calendar has an asterix on it but no footnote & can't get through by phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Calendar says we have a collection today and got the text last night. Better arrive as the bins are overflowing after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ludo wrote: »
    Calendar says we have a collection today and got the text last night. Better arrive as the bins are overflowing after Christmas.

I'd say you'll be ok as its a normal working day - yesterday was a holiday which is why there's confusion - mind you a neighbour got a text saying that collection was yesterday but no sign of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Mahon collected yesterday, [Tuesday 27th] household & recycling BUT collected in the morning like the glass before Christmas.

[Typically in my area their first collection is after lunch and just before teatime for the second]

gbee wrote: »
    Mahon collected yesterday, [Tuesday 27th] household & recycling BUT collected in the morning like the glass before Christmas.

[Typically in my area their first collection is after lunch and just before teatime for the second]

So they were collecting ? - I'm in Ballinlough / ballintemple area and normally collected Tuesday morning - had the bin out from Monday night as did neighbours

Think I'll have to wait for them to answer the phone :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'm in the same area as you Andip - got a text on Monday telling me that the recycling would be collected yesterday and it was collected yesterday morning.

• Advertisement

parsi wrote: »
    I'm in the same area as you Andip - got a text on Monday telling me that the recycling would be collected yesterday and it was collected yesterday morning.

Thanks they must have missed our road as none of us were collected

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Missed mine too, I'm in Ballinlough.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Not collected, Maryborough Hill:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

This is from the calendar that I have online...

Collections falling on a Bank Holiday Monday will be serviced on the previous Saturday.
    Collections falling on Tuesday 25th Dec 2012 will be serviced on Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 .
    Collections falling on Wednesday 26th Dec 2012 will be serviced on Sunday 23rd Dec 2012 .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

They didn't bother collecting last Saturday (Cobh), so I don't hold much hope for tomorrow...

http://www.greenstar.ie/household-customers/collection-calendars-results/search&county=cork/

• Advertisement

Bit of a zombie bit ill leave it open as its relevant - mine were collected as per mrfrisps schedule - I'm Ballinlough / ballintemple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

They've started doing collections VERY early.
    You absolutely need to put the bin out the night before.
    Ours used to be picked up close to maybe 1:00pm now they're gone before 7:30am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Solair wrote: »
    Ours used to be picked up close to maybe 1:00pm now they're gone before 7:30am!

Route? They seem to be coming to Mahon earlier too, but not this early. Thanks, they don't say or I've not read anything about earlier collections, but it sure has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

gbee wrote: »
    Route? They seem to be coming to Mahon earlier too, but not this early. Thanks, they don't say or I've not read anything about earlier collections, but it sure has happened.

Montenotte area.

It says on their literature to put the bin out the night before though, so I think they can pretty much collect it anytime from very early in the morning onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I think they are collecting early because of the schools being off,,so the traffic is quietier.

Week after next it'll probably be back to the late collections.

Advertisement