Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly's Station to Leeson Street?

Options
  • 28-12-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am attending a Revision Course in the IOE next week and am unfamiliar with Dublin to say the least! :P..

I am getting off at the Connolly and have to get to Lower Leeson Street, I am just wondering is there a LUAS to St. Stephens Green or would I be better getting off the LUAS at Pearse Street?.

Thanks a million for any replies in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Dublin Bus routes 14 and 15 will take you from outside Connolly Station directly to Earlsfort Terrace at the bottom of Lower Leeson Street. Cash fare next week will be EUR 1.40.

The LUAS is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kreuzberg09

Alternatively, you could get the DART from Connolly to Pearse station then its about a 20 minute walk to Lower Lesson Street passing Merrion Square and St. Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Thanks a million! Route 14 or 15?. That's fantastic! .. How long would it take the Bus to get from Connolly to Earlsfort Terrace?. You don't know where I could find a timetable for this route do you?. Thanks a million once more!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thanks a million! Route 14 or 15?. That's fantastic! .. How long would it take the Bus to get from Connolly to Earlsfort Terrace?. You don't know where I could find a timetable for this route do you?. Thanks a million once more!

Journey, no more than 10/15 mins, ask the bus driver to let you know when you're there.

Bus timetable's here -

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=route&searchquery=14

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=route&searchquery=15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Personally I dart to Pearse and then walk. It's about a 15 min walk I think.

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    Personally I dart to Pearse and then walk. It's about a 15 min walk I think.
    Hi there, I think the DART might be the best idea! Sorry for all the Questions but would you know how much it would be to get a Return ticket on the DART?

From where to where..?

If you mean Connolly to Pearse I think its 2 something.

decisions wrote: »
    From where to where..?

If you mean Connolly to Pearse I think its 2 something.
    Sorry, yep Connolly to Pearse!

Check at the ticket office but I'm pretty sure intercity tickets to Connolly are valid also to Pearse.

And if not you could also get a 5 day ticket for that journey which works out cheaper.

• Advertisement

Thank you! I'll get a 5 day return ticket for the DART from Connolly to Pearse thanks!

Oh and this is the easiest route to walk: Link

Out of curiosity what year are you in and what subjects are you doing in IoE..?

Thank you! I'll get a 5 day return ticket for the DART from Connolly to Pearse thanks!

Just double check when purchasing your intercity ticket - it may well be valid to Pearse negating the need to buy a second ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

If you are going to walk it, walk it on Google Street View first - then you will know exactly where you are going!

Its what I do when Im going abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I did that revision course a few years ago and I walked from Connolly to the Institute every day. I can't remember how long it took me, but it definitely wasn't too bad! :)

I'm in 6th year, and i'm going to do Economics (H).. :D , are you?

ajjmk wrote: »
    I did that revision course a few years ago and I walked from Connolly to the Institute every day. I can't remember how long it took me, but it definitely wasn't too bad! :)
    Really?. It says on Google Maps its about a 35 minute walk! Would that be correct?

5th year French every Sat

From Connolly to Leeson St is around 40 min walking. I walked it recently when the darts weren't running.

The easiest option is to dart to Pearse and walk the route I gave you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Or get off at Connolly and pick up a Dublin bike in Talbot Street and drop it at Stephen's green.
    http://www.dublinbikes.ie/All-Stations/Station-map

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Really?. It says on Google Maps its about a 35 minute walk! Would that be correct?
    I genuinely wouldn't have thought it took me that long! I walked it every morning and evening for the week in wintry conditions!!

• Advertisement

Hey, if anyone has any knowledge on the topic can you just let me know how long it takes to DART from Connolly Station to Pearse Street?.

Cheers guys!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Pearse is two stops from Connolly, so I would say little under 4 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

5 minutes barring any unforeseen stoppages.

Thanks a million Spurious and Windstock! :D..

Sorry to bother your heads, but how often does the DART line run? Is there a timetable available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Here you go.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetables.asp

The second set of listings give departures station by station. If you click on Connolly, it gives inter city departures as well as the DART. Below that are timetables for just the DART. It runs very frequently during peak times and about every 15/20 mins at off peak.

If it was me, I wouldn't bother getting the Dart to go such a short distance. You could walk it in 10 mins. When you exit Connolly Station, head towards the Georges Dock LUAS stop. It is just around the corner from Connolly. (You'll see the LUAS tracks on the road as you walk, you can't miss them if you want to use them as a guide.) Turn right at the CHQ building at Georges Dock, and head towards the river. Cross over the river via the pedestrian footbridge. Walk straight up Lombard St. Cross over Pearse St, and you are on Westland Row which is the street that Pearse Station is on. It's a 10/15 minute walk tops. Then head up to Lincoln Place, Merrion Sq and Stephens Green, and you'll be in Leeson St in about 30 mins overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the 128 bus from connolly also goes to leeson street

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

the 128 bus from connolly also goes to leeson street

The 128 is dead, long live the 15!

Advertisement