Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to electric ireland and understanding my plan

Options
  • 28-12-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI,
    I apologise because more than likely this has been asked by others but I received my first bill on the 16th Dec and am so confused---

I gave meter reading when I opened new account with ye on the 16th Nov and my bill usage was estimated on the 16th Dec. But today I went to the meter and jotted down new readings and after calculating what my usage and bill would be if it was today I AM IN SHOCK.

I better get this right and start paying money into my account weekly as my next bill will be huge. But to prevent this in the future I need to ask the following questions:

I moved into rented accomodation with 2 storage heaters. On checking my account online it says I am on Valuesaver Price Plan. On looking at the unit price charges on my bill and details online am I right to guess that I am on the Valuesaver (nightsaver) electricty price plan. Would my account state I am on the nightsaver or would it just say valuesaver.

My meter is a digital meter which shows date, time, day and night and combined reading. Would I be correct saying that I can use my other electrical appliances on the night saver by using them after 11 at night. I read on other posts that I might not be able to do this, it could be just my storage heaters attached to nightsaver. How can I check this?

I also saw that you sell timers for the immersion I will def be buying one of them if the Nightsaver works for this too!!!

Thanks & Sorry again for all the questions..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kamt

Ignore my question about my bill saying ValueSaver Nightsaver because it does say that so thats that sorted. But Im still confused about what I can use at night.
    Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Orla

Hi kamt,

Yes- If you have a dual tariff meter, any appliance you use from 11 pm to 8 am will be charged the lower night unit rate.

The ESB Store do sell immersion timers, you can go directly to the product here:

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Sangamo-Boost-Immersion-Time-Switch/1160/100

If you want me to verify what rates you are on, can send a group PM with your account details and I will check this for you straight away.

Thanks
    Orla

Advertisement