Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Triail Quotes

• 28-12-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone, I have to get 10 quotes from An Triail and they have to be quotes that can be used in general discussion of the play in essays. Quotes that highlight stuff like hypocrisy etc that can be used in any essay. I have 1 so far but my head is well and truly melted trying to find other ones as we didn't exactly cover the play in fine detail with our so called teacher.

So can anybody throw me a few quotes that would be of benefit to me, I would hugely appreciate it. Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 John 10

Can somebody please help me here??!!! PLEASE I REALLY NEED SOME HELP! PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

b'fhearr liom mé féin a bhá san abhainn - Máire
    Máire saying she'd prefer to drown herself in the river than return to her family home. I've never used it (we havent done that many essays yet) but its useful for showing how strongly Máire feels about whats happened and her mother's attitude, and I guess it'd also be useful for an essay on how it shows Ireland at the time.

The obvious one of course, "A Striapach"

The thing Máire says at the start of the play about killing her baby so she'd never have to go through what she went through is useful too :) And the last scene, in the graveyard, where Maili says "Trócaire ar a hainm" is quite useful too to show how people looked down on prostitutes yet she's the only one who shows any sorrow for Máire - pretty good for hypocrisy.

Know a few quotes about what Pádraig says to entice Máire (I forget exactly what they are, oops :P), they will always come in handy for essays on him.

I'll post again if I think of any more, but hopefully thats some help :)

Advertisement