Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grundfos MQ water pump

• 28-12-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, after some advice please.

Grundfos MQ water pump alarm light keeps coming on. I've cleaned it out several times (this has rectified the situation in the past as particles build up in the water from the well). However, this time it's having none of it.

I've cleaned out the little valve thingy that spins around and taken off the bulkhead type thing and cleaned it. It just keeps running, even though my house is full of water and won't switch off now until the alarm stops it.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Also if I have to replace any idea where's best? I'm in Mayo.

Thanks and it's this pump http://www.grundfos.com/products/find-product/mq.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GregGregson

Hey there,

just wondering if your pump ever stopped pumping water when the red alarm light was lit because my alarm light is constantly on but it's not pumping any water?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Delbydog wrote: »
    Hi all, after some advice please.

Grundfos MQ water pump alarm light keeps coming on. I've cleaned it out several times (this has rectified the situation in the past as particles build up in the water from the well). However, this time it's having none of it.

I've cleaned out the little valve thingy that spins around and taken off the bulkhead type thing and cleaned it. It just keeps running, even though my house is full of water and won't switch off now until the alarm stops it.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Also if I have to replace any idea where's best? I'm in Mayo.

Thanks and it's this pump http://www.grundfos.com/products/find-product/mq.html

On the back of the pump there is a big black cap. behind this is a little pressure vessel. Make sure the pump is off, open a tap to take the pressure off. there is a little valve on the vessel like a car tyre valve. Get a foot pump stick it on and see what the pressure is. If it's down very low pump it up to 0.9bar and see does that do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clutchkable

hi does a pressurised cylinder need to be installed when using one fo these pumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

hi does a pressurised cylinder need to be installed when using one fo these pumps

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

And a lot more considerations to go with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement