Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting in shape in Mullingar

Options
  • 28-12-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Hello all, as a new years resolution I have decided to lose weight and get in shape for summer! I am a 20 year old male and decided I would like change in my life, and obviously from the title I live in Mullingar

I tried before but did it alone and felt like I had no real backbone or strong base for weight loss, I just ate better food and exercised, I never had a concise or clear plan or goals, I just kinda did it, and I got no results after months. I felt really discouraged and gave up. Well I decided it's time to try again and give it 120% effort!

I'm in college till about 5 every day and for the evening I usually just stay in! I decided to use the time to exercise more. I was wondering about a few things. What's the deal with the Harriers in Mullingar? Can any old sod like me go in there and just run around? I live close to it and it would be handy for me

Also, what is a good gym to join? I don't drive (yet!) and don't live close to Bloomfield or the Park Hotel, I was reading about Flex but heard some negative feedback? I'm really nervous about going to the gym because it's something new for me and I'd be completely lost!

I'd like to lose about a stone or 2 in the coming months/year, and was wondering if anyone would have any info on the topics above. Also if anyone is interested in tagging along or being fitness buddies let me know! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Bloomfield as far as Gyms go is cheap and cheerful. Nice friendly staff and affordable. I year is 345E at the moment and student rate is about 35E a month.

They have a few classes on there too.

I'm after the same goals i want to get in shaope and also have given up the fags so wonder how that will affect me training.

Anyway they have a great swimming pool too not too much chlorine and it pretty big with a sauna and bubble yokeything.

maybe give it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

would you be on for playing some sport? lots of clubs would be glad to have you
    swimming - ideal to start into if you are carrying extra pounds
    cycling - get a bike and good lights and away you go

Flex is fine as a gym. Just a bit basic, and the hours aren't great at the weekend or mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 32 siobherz

yeah i'd wondered about harriers as well - i know they have a meet and train thing on every wednesday but do u have to be a member does anyone know?

Advertisement