Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building an Application that uses Access Database

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

If you do move away from Access to an online solution, check out Zoho Creator as an alternative to Sharepoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

BostonB wrote: »
    Thats a very idealistic viewpoint. But I can't say I've met that very often. Usually its the result of some business/power user with no development background. A developer is most like to use the newest most high end solution, rather belt and braces.

How is it idealistic? It's based on my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

BostonB wrote: »
    A developer is most like to use the newest most high end solution, rather belt and braces.
    Wrong. A developer should seek to use the best solution, based upon both budget and requirements and this is actually unlikely to be "the newest most high end solution".

If they're pushing principally for "the newest most high end solution", then - unless it is also the best solution, based upon both budget and requirements - they're doing so so they can gauge more money from the client and/or wish to pad out their CV's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't disagree. That just my experience in general.

Advertisement