Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMac wont sync iTunes etc with iPhone 4.

Options
  • 28-12-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi fellow Boardies, I have an iMac using OS X 10.4.11. When I connect it to my iPhone 4, it notifies me that I have to UPGRADE my OS? This seems a bit much as it's an Apple product connecting to an Apple product...

So now, I'm wondering what is the most efficient/least expensive method of achieving such an upgrade. I am prepared to consider ALL options. If your suggestion might be in danger of breaching any rules on here, feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

T

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

10.4.11 is no longer actively supported. I think for iOS 4 support you'll need to go to 10.6. I think you can do this in one step for fairly small money.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

mathepac wrote: »
    10.4.11 is no longer actively supported. I think for iOS 4 support you'll need to go to 10.6. I think you can do this in one step for fairly small money.

Please advise how do I go about this? I looked on the Apple website, but I can't see how to achieve this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Buy a 10.6 upgrade disc. Should be in the Apple store. "10.4 to 10.6 upgrade" - lash that into Google and you'll get lots of advice and pointers, but first:

Ensure you have all the current updates to 10.4 installed (Apple Menu>Software Update...)
    before doing that run "Repair Permissions" on your boot-drive from "Disk Utility"

Advertisement