Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card installation

Options
  • 28-12-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've just bought a new graphics card for my brother, it's in a Nvidia Geforce 6800, after physically putting it into the computer, the monitor won't turn on so I'm unable to install the driver?? Should I do it before putting in the card?
    Would really appreciate any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

moleary20 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've just bought a new graphics card for my brother, it's in a Nvidia Geforce 6800, after physically putting it into the computer, the monitor won't turn on so I'm unable to install the driver?? Should I do it before putting in the card?
    Would really appreciate any help!!
    That's hardly new. 2004 called and want it's GPU back.

It's certainly old enough to where you will have a bitch of a time trying to get it to work, and Nvidia will barely support it at this point, if at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

A new 6800? I assume a card that old is secondhand and possibly dead.
    What are your full system specs?

Advertisement