Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims3: Showtime Expansion pack

Options
  • 28-12-2011 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

EA has announced The Sims 3: Showtime, an expansion for The Sims 3, which is due for release March 2012 on PC and Mac. The Showtime expansion will also feature social networking features, as described by Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims Studios.

“The Sims 3 Showtime is a huge step forward for The Sims franchise. For the first time, we are introducing social features that allow you to send your Sims to a friend’s game, perform at their venue in front of their Sims where you both will earn rewards, and capture and share these in-game moments of your rise to fame.”

That means you can now send your Sim into your friend’s game and interact with their world. It’s an interesting addition to The Sims series. The social feature also means you’ll have a news feed showing your friend’s achievements and a news feed of what your friends are doing in game.

EA has also revealed that if you preorder the Showtime Expansion in time you’ll get an automatic upgrade to the Limited Edition which includes the Ultimate Stage venue.

“Players can place this fully customisable venue in their world and will be able to use it as an additional stage for their Sims to perform on, complete with in-game props, backgrounds, lights and special effects.”

The Ultimate Stage venue bonus upgrade is only available for a limited amount of pre orders.

Sounds good to me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Unless you've got loads if mates who play it, I'm failing to see the point of this expansion pack. And no one I know admits to playing it!

I think I'll be passing on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Alicat wrote: »
    Unless you've got loads if mates who play it, I'm failing to see the point of this expansion pack. And no one I know admits to playing it!

I think I'll be passing on this one.

Guess it will be handy if you are on social networks like Twitter/Facebook etc where The Sims are huge...

angel01 wrote: »

Guess it will be handy if you are on social networks like Twitter/Facebook etc where The Sims are huge...

I just don't understand why every bloody thing has to be attached to Facebook/Twitter!

/rant

I just don't understand why every bloody thing has to be attached to Facebook/Twitter!

/rant

I am thinking of getting generations.. do you have that? I am quite new to Sims3, I finally got a laptop that could run it and I am learning as I am going, it is all so different to Sims2 :eek:

I have Generations and Pets but have had very little time to play it since getting the two. I have enjoyed it when I've played them though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

I probably will get this, i love new towns and careers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

/rant

Agreed - also has the possibility of making things awkward. At least if they're created as a neighbour in your local game you can slap / flirt and so on to your heart's content. Do you really want all FB friends knowing that you murdered a friend by removing all doors from a room?!

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Now if only you could co-habit and build houses together :)

There is a pretty decent sale on Sims3 packs and stuff in the EA store this week! :)

So is this released tomorrow in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I was told it was indeed. I have a review copy of it already. Installing it tonight. Will tell you how it is. Really looking forward to it!

Oh how did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Another €35...

I'll wait until the Steam summer sale, it should discount somewhat.

Oh how did you get that?

I do reviews for an online website. Played about 2/3 hours of it so far. It's quite good. Far better than Generations, which I thought was quite lean in content. The new online features are pretty decent, could swallow up a bit of your time if you aren't feeling creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I think I will miss out on this one as I am not really interested in the friends aspect to it, which obviously is the games big selling point.

It is a large part of it alright but it still has a lot of new features, new jobs new skills, a lot of new objects, new food, you can now become a vegetarian in it :D Quite funny when I fed my sim meat. He was forced to eat it because I starved him. He threw up and passed out. You can also create your own venues now. Haven't tried that yet but it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

It is a large part of it alright but it still has a lot of new features, new jobs new skills, a lot of new objects, new food, you can now become a vegetarian in it :D Quite funny when I fed my sim meat. He was forced to eat it because I starved him. He threw up and passed out. You can also create your own venues now. Haven't tried that yet but it looks great.

It sounds interesting.. lmao.. I will probably wait for a while till there is a steam sale or something. 35 Euro is too much for an expansion pack! :eek:

I love Ambitions and Generations! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AnimalCracker

This game looks useless if none of your friends use it... Kind of like a stuff pack (which I never buy :P )

Advertisement