Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Resolutions

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

This is how it was said on Twitter last night. Vague as hell but that's what I'm holding myself to.

1. Stay classy.
    2. Give respect to those who deserve it.
    3. Tolerate those who don't.
    4. Move on up.
    5. Resolve problems.

New list. I've decided I actually will seriously do two things this year:

Get that first;
    Articulate myself better in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Be the best me that I can be...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ive already forgotten what mine were...

>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'll be coming into my 6th semester and I don't think I've done one :P There are just some lectures that have to be sacrificed for the more important things, like sleep ;)
    Just finished a golden semester. Have already made plans for missing my first lectures of the year after the exams, I'm going to Rome for three days in the middle of our first week back. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I'm not even gonna pretend I could get a Golden week, it's not gonna happen in a million years :p

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I think I stuck fairly well to most of the resolutions I had promised myself last year. The main ones were:
    1. Work really hard, make sure I pass my exams, and finish my course
      I did work flat out for the first half of the year, but my enthusiasm nosedived regularly as the summer approached. I kind of broke this resolution slightly, as I had a few autumn repeats to do. Luckily, I passed them! So, yay.

2. Take control of my life more and push it in a direction that makes me happy
      After passing all of my exams, I talked to my parents about wanting to work at illustration. It was a tough conversation, and my fears about my mum's reaction were validated, but I'm so glad I finally worked up the confidence to "come out" with my plans. I've been working seriously at artstuffs for the past two months, and I'm feeling much happier with myself as a result.

3. Try to be more outgoing, confident, passionate and optimistic
      Hmm, this is probably the one I did most poorly at. I became even more of a social recluse than usual in the run up to the summer exams, and I've been spending lots of time by myself recently... Now that I'm doing I've always been enthusiastic about, I feel more positive, and the flavour and pleasant subtleties in life are slowly returning. I'm enjoying music properly again, feel less self-conscious in crowds, and apparently I've been smiling more often. I still feel down disappointingly frequently, but I'm trying to fix that, too.

4. Get some regular exercise, and try to stay healthy
      Okay, I failed miserably at this one. I got no exercise at all for most of the year, and exam stress and other pressures kept escalating to the point that I developed a nervous tic - my left eye would wink involuntarily. So, I must have seemed frantic and flirty? Always attractive, to be sure. :p Luckily, I've been a lot less stressed out recently, and have been doing a lot of swimming. I'd better keep it up, because I want to lose the weight I put on last year. :/

So, 2011 was pretty good to me! A bit of a struggle as years go, but... yes. As for this year's resolutions;
    1. Be less shy.
    2. Keep working at drawing, and try as hard as I can to improve.
    3. Keep swimming, and return to the weight I like being at.
    4. Spend lots of time with friends, meet new people, listen to new music, and focus on being happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Additional new years resolutions

* Make more of an effort with my appearance
    * Regulate my sleeping pattern
    * Get a part time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

• Keep Healthy.
    • Try to do more Golden Weeks when possible.
    • Give up my current job, and replace it with any other job, even if the hours aren't as good.
    • Treasure the moments with my girlfriend more.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

I had the typical eat healthily and get fit kinda things as my New Year's Resolutions but I decided really my main one will be: stop caring so much about what others think of me.
    Like I definitely over-think everything with that in mind. It's put me off doing stuff I want to do and now regret not doing. So yeah that's going to be the major one this year if I can do that and be happy it will be a great year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

1. Quit acting like Mark Corrigan from Peep Show.

2. Become more like Leo from Fair City Don Draper from Mad Men.

Advertisement