Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

import/export of slurry paperwork deadline

• 28-12-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭

Just so you are all aware that the import export of organic fertiliser forms have to be returned by next Saturday the 31st. I cant see what was wrong with the old system but I suspect it is to catch out the borderline causes that would be balancing the books. Considering that nobody has had an update on our Kgs of N per ha since the end of August its a shot in the dark whether some guys are under or over or whether slurry needs to be exported this week to balance up the books. Did alarm bells not ring for anyone in the IFA when the whole Nitrates Directive paperwork was being drawn up??

Also has anyone being prosecuted for going over the 170kgsN per ha or over 240kgs with a Derogation. Im usually sailing very close to the wind as with our herds as we are not allowed a derogation as over 20% of land is in crops (another stupid rule)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

up-dates are available to anybody that is signed up tp ICBF at any time under stock reports.
    alarm bells ring all the time but the onus is on the farmer and the advisor to ensure that a proper plan is in place for the coming year and then there is less fires to put out and no alarm bells.
    Also has anyone being prosecuted for going over the 170kgsN per ha or over 240kgs with a Derogation. Im usually sailing very close to the wind as with our herds as we are not allowed a derogation as over 20% of land is in crops (another stupid rule)

yes and it's not that stupid of a rule, it is more to do with crop requirements, where will the excess N go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Maybe my set up is a little different where the herds flucatate up and down a fair bit through the year as that our line of business. Just makes predicting where we are at regarding N/ha allot harder to predict.

The nitrates section have allowed me a derogation again this year but my grassland area is only 77% whereas it should be 80%. Should I take their word for it as gospel :confused: as if not, there is allot of slurry to be shifted into other herds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

Maybe my set up is a little different where the herds flucatate up and down a fair bit through the year as that our line of business. Just makes predicting where we are at regarding N/ha allot harder to predict.

The nitrates section have allowed me a derogation again this year but my grassland area is only 77% whereas it should be 80%. Should I take their word for it as gospel :confused: as if not, there is allot of slurry to be shifted into other herds

Dosn't matter how much your herd fluctuates, if you have a good advisor or signed up to icbf (which updates every month) you will be in a good position in december to decide to export or not.

Advertisement