Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight water trickle at bottom corner of PVC window

• 28-12-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

All,

Looking for some guidance/advice. I have an issue with a window where a slight amount of water is coming in through corner of pvc window(this is now discolouring window board etc.). I've tried to stop it entering the frame by putting silicon/filler on outside at the frame seams - this has not worked - when it rains it will eventually enter the inside window board through the 'mitre' end of window frame(this is where water seeps). I'm not sure what is causing this and don't quite now how to resolve - windows are in about 15 years at this stage. I've enclosed a picture of effected area. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

I had a similar problem in a house I lived in in Limerick. I had the windows replaced and literally, a week later, water was coming in on one of them.

It transpired that there was a crack on the outside and the installer had to strip back and fill in the gap. It sorted the problem. Take a look around the outside...it might not even be right opposite the crack....it could be further away and the water could be working its way along and eventually into the house. Hope it is sorted for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Are the drainage holes covered / blocked on the outside of the window by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

alproctor wrote: »
    Are the drainage holes covered / blocked on the outside of the window by any chance?

Will check this out...I hadn't noticed TBH.

Advertisement