Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esso changed to Topaz @Singland

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

One of the stations in shannon had a sign up saying their profit margin on petrol and diesel was under 5c per litre. Depends on the volume they buy also I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you want to bitch about the price of fuel then look no further than Revenue, the tax man takes over 60c in exise duty and vat from every €1 you spend on fuel. Then you have the carbon tax that the tree huggers introduced.

BTW the vat/carbon tax increases come into effect from midnight so expect petrol and diesel to be about 1.5c to 2c more expensive from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tippboi

Only Good thing about Topaz is there training! bunch of w*****s otherwise to work for! ( i swear im not an ex employee)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

when did that 1 in singland become topaz? Havent been out that way recently. Although Generally I dont go to that 1 cos its too fricken awkward to cross the road..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

yupyup7up wrote: »
    Nope, but I'm sure that charging 3c a litre more than your competitor that is a 100 yards from you isnt right. And plus their food items etc are ridiculously expensive.

It seems a bit pointless. You are in the car, there are two petrol stations 100 yards apart, you choose the expensive one and give out about the prices:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

It seems a bit pointless. You are in the car, there are two petrol stations 100 yards apart, you choose the expensive one and give out about the prices:confused:

no I don't. I said in an earlier post that I boycott them, so obviously I go to the other one. But there are some lazy f*ckers still using them and thats why they can charge what they do,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I got Diesel in there today and the fuel card worked. Best thing is the Diesel pump has one of the auto lock / fill thing which are normally deactivated in most stations. Easiest way to fill up 68 litres. :D

Also cheapest Topaz in Limerick today. 148.9 and Thomondgate was 152.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I got Diesel in there today and the fuel card worked. Best thing is the Diesel pump has one of the auto lock / fill thing which are normally deactivated in most stations. Easiest way to fill up 68 litres. :D

Also cheapest Topaz in Limerick today. 148.9 and Thomondgate was 152.9

Topaz Dock road (old Statoil not old Shell) is charging 153.9 for both unleaded and diesel tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Do you know what the profit margin on petrol is?

Average 2c to 5c per litre depending on the supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

roast wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is with staff politely reminding you of something you may have forgotten... :confused:

OK - remind me that I've left a tap running or the cooker on, so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    OK - remind me that I've left a tap running or the cooker on, so!

It's something they HAVE to do, it's part of there job. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but what can you do.

Advertisement