Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4S Battery Problem Fixed

• 28-12-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I had been having serious problems with my 4S battery. I was on my second handset and had all but given up hope. I was on to someone from apple and they sujjested trying the following and it worked. I dont know if it will work for anyone else but I thought I'de pass it on just incase. It's a bit of a pain sorting out all your apps and folders again but worth it.

This is for windows 7 users.

First you need to show hidden file and folders if they are hidden.

Control Panel - tools - folder options - view - show hidden files.

Then
    C:/Users/(Username)/app data/roaming/apple computer/itunes/iphone software updates.

You need to go in and delete this file.

Then restore your iphone without backing it up from a previous backup.
    Restore to new phone and it will automatically update to the latest build 5.0.1(9A406).

This new update to this build is not being pushed to phones when you update normally so this is why you need to do it manually.

My battery has at least doubled in lifespan since.

Hope this helps!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I have to say I updated to this version last week to fix the No Service issue I was having and I did notice a nice improvement in battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

My iphone was also turning itself off and it sorted that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

and for a mac user? i'm a bit of a dummy with computers, is it basically the same process as with windows 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

For mac you will just need to find out were the file is stored. Delete it and restore the phone as above. Not a mac user so maybe try and google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 guitd

I had been having serious problems with my 4S battery. I was on my second handset and had all but given up hope. I was on to someone from apple and they sujjested trying the following and it worked. I dont know if it will work for anyone else but I thought I'de pass it on just incase. It's a bit of a pain sorting out all your apps and folders again but worth it.

Then
    C:/Users/(Username)/app data/roaming/apple computer/itunes/iphone software updates.

Restore to new phone and it will automatically update to the latest build 5.0.1(9A406).

This new update to this build is not being pushed to phones when you update normally so this is why you need to do it manually.

Hope this helps!
    how do i do this on my iphone 4s ? this sounds like instructions for a computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is, that's why he said it was for windows 7 users...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Then

Restore to new phone and it will automatically update to the latest build 5.0.1(9A406)

Hope this helps!

That bit in bold is where I have a query. When you say restore your iphone to a new phone, how do you do this? All I get is the restore to factory settings option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Then

Restore to new phone and it will automatically update to the latest build 5.0.1(9A406)

Hope this helps!

That bit in bold is where I have a query. When you say restore your iphone to a new phone, how do you do this? All I get is the restore to factory settings option.

I think he means set the iPhone up as a new device and don't restore it from a back up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I found that disabling "Setting TimeZone" in location services increased my battery life greatly .It appears that iOS 5′s causes the Setting Time Zone function to keep the location tracking circuitry running constantly.

Advertisement