Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shoes post injury

• 28-12-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭

I fractured by distal fibula and tibia in august and have just been told by my physio that it's time to thinking about running and stepping up the gym training again.

I asked him to recommend a good shoe and he just said get something with good arch support. My last shoes were Nike Pegasus which I picked up in tkmaxx for 30 quid. I was never an avid runner but I was in the gym everyday before the break so a training/running shoe is what I'm looking for.

Unfortuntley there isn't any sports shops near me that do gait analysis. Also I should add my injury wasn't caused by anything sports related and is stabilised by plenty metal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

You dont say where you are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

That was intentional, I'd rather not share that.

Sports shop wise we have lifestyle sports, elverys and champion. The elverys doesn't do gait analysis though as I know most do.

I'm open to buying online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Firstly,Id recommend getting gait analysis done properly.I drove an hour each way to have it done.
    Secondly,if you dont want to do that,then google "Shoes with good Support" and away you go:eek: This is NOT a recommendation btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Julybreeze wrote: »
    That was intentional, I'd rather not share that.

We don't need your exact address, the nearest city would do i.e. Galway, Cork, Cashel, Bray etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You'll probably have to go into Dublin, I don't know of any shops in your area, and nothing is listed in the shop directory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Thanks everyone. I'll be in Limerick next week and found a place there that will sort me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭plodder

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I'll be in Limerick next week and found a place there that will sort me out.
    Another idea is buying insoles from a decent pharmacy. Good ones made from foam and a proper moulded/curved shape work wonders IMO. Check them out carefully before buying though.

Advertisement